Where Eagles Dare! BY IRON MAIDEN!!!!!!

Does Where Eagles Dare have perhaps one of the coolest drum intros ever?

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

phoenix7289

What are your thoughts on that song from both the perspective of just the song, and then your thoughts on JUST the drums...

I think the song equals way more than: 8)

c360blaster

Xanadu by Rush has a sweeeet intro
ahaha

and where eagles dare is a veary fun misfits song.
dono what to say about the drums. uhh.

ERX

theres nothin to it. very basic. anything robo played with the misfits is easy. pretty much misfits tunes with danzig the drums are pretty boring. no ride use. all crash and hihats. graves/CHUD tunes are the best covers. living hell, helana, devil doll are good covers...

phoenix7289

c360blaster":hvu4i6a7 said:
Xanadu by Rush has a sweeeet intro
ahaha

and where eagles dare is a veary fun misfits song.
dono what to say about the drums. uhh.
Umm, I am talking about the IRON MAIDEN song. Not the Misfits EWWW!!!

phoenix7289

ERX":r296u7b5 said:
theres nothin to it. very basic. anything robo played with the misfits is easy. pretty much misfits tunes with danzig the drums are pretty boring. no ride use. all crash and hihats. graves/CHUD tunes are the best covers. living hell, helana, devil doll are good covers...
This is the IRON MAIDEN version I am talking about!!!! Not the Misfits!!! EWWW!!!!!

hellnanonemo

i believe mcbrain is the grandmaster at flam fills

he may not be the most technical drummer out, his sound and fills are phenominal (if i spelled that right)

Ianevil

Considering the Misfits are one of the reasons I started playing music. Im kinda one sided. Awesome song. Though the drums are not all friggen crazy and what not it dosn't matter it keeps the time and drives the song...... I Love it. But I am a horror genre musician so I am partial

frankengti

ERX":1ccdty0u said:
Robo never recorded "where eagles dare." He was only in the band for a year and a month during the recording/small tour for "Earth A.D." Mr. Jim was the drummer who orignally recorded the track. I think that Robo was a great drummer, "Damaged" by Black Flag will still be one of my favorite albums ever.

phoenix7289

Ianevil":18nzyemd said:
Considering the Misfits are one of the reasons I started playing music. Im kinda one sided. Awesome song. Though the drums are not all friggen crazy and what not it dosn't matter it keeps the time and drives the song...... I Love it. But I am a horror genre musician so I am partial
Obviously you aren't paying attention to the thread as a WHOLE. I HATE the Misfits. I am NOT talking about them! In 1983 IRON MAIDEN put out a musical masterpiece, titled, WHERE EAGLES DARE. THAT is what I am talking about!!!

phoenix7289

willisramone":3jeb9pis said:
saturday night, bruiser, or hollywood babolyn(sp?)
Obviously you aren't paying attention to the thread as a WHOLE. I HATE the Misfits. I am NOT talking about them! In 1983 IRON MAIDEN put out a musical masterpiece, titled, WHERE EAGLES DARE. THAT is what I am talking about!!!

phoenix7289

DreamT":b4acqd58 said:
Obviously you guys haven't heard the intro to "Honour Thy Father"
I have, it's not bad, but I am referring to Iron Maiden's Where Eagles Dare. Misfits can't do crap! They are completely DIFFERENT songs!!!

mheatwole

GEEEZZZ SOME People power to You phoenix. I Think Mc Brain is awesome and Man You have to be in very good shape to play where eagles dare by IRON MAIDEN!!
to whom it may concern on here PAY ATTENTION!!!! and have some respect GEEZ

phoenix7289

mheatwole":czcjxr4k said:
GEEEZZZ SOME People power to You phoenix. I Think Mc Brain is awesome and Man You have to be in very good shape to play where eagles dare by IRON MAIDEN!!
to whom it may concern on here PAY ATTENTION!!!! and have some respect GEEZ
haha lol finally someone who is paying attention! No power to you for reading it all!!! haha
And I am sure the Misfit's Where Eagles Dare is just noise next to Iron Maiden's... hmph, they disgust me. It better not have been an Iron Maiden cover... no it can't be! All of these people are saying the drums aren't really anything in it, so they must just have the same name for a much crappier song! :p
haha
so people... IRON MAIDEN NOT MISFITS!!!

Bigredfndz

hellnanonemo":1xu1lh5m said:

he may not be the most technical drummer out, his sound and fills are phenominal (if i spelled that right)
Got that one right on the mark. Nico(sp) has some of the best fills I've heard, and used his drumset, he didn't just have pieces for show.

phoenix7289

Bigredfndz":2m5j09ds said:
hellnanonemo":2m5j09ds said:

Got that one right on the mark. Nico(sp) has some of the best fills I've heard, and used his drumset, he didn't just have pieces for show.
Totally man! One of the only metal drummers EVER to use ONE bass drum and JUST a single kick! He does stuff with a single most drummers would need double to do! HE IS THE GOD OF ALL DRUMMERS!!! He deserves Neil Peart's spot... o_O

Ianevil

Yeah sorry I didn't see the tiny Iron Maiden above the intial thread.

You know everyone hates the Misfits. and thats OK everyone has different styles. People hate on Punk Drummers alot and all the Metal guys Get all the glory. I personaly HATE Iron Maiden. I just down Loaded the song and whatever blah blah

"I AIN"T NO GOD DAMN SON OF A BITCH!! You better think about it Baby!!!"