where can i get a holz speed cutter

xdoseonex

i wanna port my resonant head, but if i do it myself the hole wont fit a holz snapper. anyone know where i can buy the speed cutter online?

BillRayDrums

Why do you need a speed cutter? You lay the holz down on the head flat as you can and then using a utility knife cut out the MIDDLE of the holz. Don't cut around the OUTSIDE. Cut INSIDE. Be very careful to not slip. There....I just saved you some $$$.

xdoseonex

BillRayDrums":1c7r6fbd said:
Why do you need a speed cutter? You lay the holz down on the head flat as you can and then using a utility knife cut out the MIDDLE of the holz. Don't cut around the OUTSIDE. Cut INSIDE. Be very careful to not slip. There....I just saved you some $$$.
i'v aseen countless ppl ruin $40 bass drum head like this. I'll go with the speed cuter so i never ruin a head again

BillRayDrums

Do this then- go to the art supply store, buy a compass (the drawing tool). Fasten a razor to it. Set desired hole diameter. Cut it out. Be done with it.

xdoseonex

BillRayDrums":2uanmtne said:
well this is the one i tried. horrible i dea (no offense billyray) haave the worst hole ever in my reso head now.its probly gonna rip

insaneshayne

Ok, so I guess I was confusing the Holz with Remo's "DynamO's". Go with the Remo version. It's a reinforced cardboard ring with an adhesive strip on the back. Peel it, stick it to the INSIDE of your bass head and then cut the center out. Perfect hole every time. I think you can still use the Holz trim ring thing from the outside if you want, but the Remo things are tough and you won't rip your head and you can't screw it up unless you give it to your guitarist to cut.....