What's your stick preference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drummerfreek55

I play pretty heavy, usually to Lamb of God, Opeth, all those heavy double bass bands. Usually i'm using Zildjian John Otto Signature sticks which are super light and , unfortunately thin, and i go through them like crazy! what does anybody suggest for a light but durable stick? Thanks!

drummert2k

check out the ahead 7a's or even 5 a's. i used the same pair for about 150 shows before the metal broke and only had to replace the sleeves twice

Spydr2000

I like pro mark 747's nylon tip. I also like the ahead sticks Tommy Lee model but I break them doing rim shots often. I get more life out of wood sticks because the usually splinter from doing rim shots before they even break.

getsdead

My stick of choice is the Vater Power 5B /w nylon tip. If I want a lighter stick I'll go with the Vic Firth SD2 Bolero.

ChevaDrummer

drummerfreek55":331x0g83 said:
I play pretty heavy, usually to Lamb of God, Opeth, all those heavy double bass bands. Usually i'm using Zildjian John Otto Signature sticks which are super light and , unfortunately thin, and i go through them like crazy! what does anybody suggest for a light but durable stick? Thanks!
I like the Vic Firth Metal N sticks. Those will definately last longer than the sticks you're using now. They are big heavy sticks but they bash perfectly for metal.

stump

I play Pro-mark 747's. They are a medium weight and very durable. For heavier song I use Vic Firth classic rock stick that are very light for their size. Later!

Piddywiffle

Best sticks ever are from my local drum shop. Skins N Tins 5B nylon tip (the shop made ones). Ive never actually broken on, but ive had to discard them from the wood chipping away after so much time that they look like toothpicks. And believe me, ive tried to break em.

solitaryshell5

i use alot of signature sticks. either mike portnoys or neil peirts. i like mike portnoys better though cause theyre lighter and a bit more durable for me.

Ahead. I use the JJ series on AHEAD drumsticks. Although they are not lighter then most sticks, it does reduce recoil/vibrations in the stick, and since they are heavier then most it gives it that extra loud noise when playing live.

skinlessdrummer

drummerfreek55 said:
<BR>
I think that all good drummers break sticks,. If your not, then your not playing hard enough. I too have played with the same sticks and I agree that they are very efficient. My suggestion would be to try them all, not really but find a stick that better suits you. Sometimes you might find that a heavier stick does the trick. I myself like 5B Pro mark hickory.

mikelvan

I find that the cheap sticks you get 12 for 20 bucks last as long as the expensive sticks. I like the 5b or 5a.

PaulZILLA

i use an arsenal of sticks. but for your style. i generaly use Vic Firth 5B EXTREME w/Nylon tips. they are good. thin lookin. bu t strong. good sticks. if you want somethin more universal fit. strong and light. but not too light. Vater 747's.

Shalaq

I'm surprised I haven't noticed this topic.
Please use the search engine, as there are loads of topics on the subject.
I'm shutting this one down.

Status
Not open for further replies.