What's your opinion on Evans hydrolics?

grey_fox

im looking for deep, fat sounding tom heads and i have seen those and the specs sound pretty nifty

also what about emperor X's for remo, ut they don't seem to go up to 18" which is what i need for my 13",16" and 18" toms

RogersDrummer

Hello,

I would go with Remo Pinstripes. The Hydrualics tend to take just a little too much life out of the drums. Never tried the emporer x's though. they're supposed to sound good.

Also try the Evans EC2 heads. those sound really nice. very full and fat sounding

cheers

Rockula!

I can remember how cool Evans Hydraulics looked when I first saw them
Unfortunately, they are not my cup of tea
Way too dead
I agree with the pinstripes
Evans is doing some really cool stuff right now with their new line

dpcogan77

and you have to be careful w/ the hydraulics
they pump them w/ oil, and it makes a huge mess when they break
i used to have a set of blue ones
they looked cool, but definately to dull sounding

drummer619

oh man, i love the hydralics i used to use them as batter heads i don't like alot of overtones on my toms either, but now i use the Hydralics as resonant heads and EC2's as batter heads awesome combo

Spydr2000

grey_fox":2w8501uv said:
im looking for deep, fat sounding tom heads and i have seen those and the specs sound pretty nifty

also what about emperor X's for remo, ut they don't seem to go up to 18" which is what i need for my 13",16" and 18" toms
well the evans hydrolic heads are fat and deep. If you like a muffled sound they might work for you. I recommend this head for people who tape crap all over their drum heads. But if you want to drum to have some life, try evan G2 coated, Aquarian 2ply texture coated, remo emporer coated. Since you wanted deep I recomend coated heads, clears will work but are much briter.

steveund

and another note

If you really want to go deep sounding, those damper rings from evens make a big world of a difference in the sound of the head. they just lay on the edge of the head but they really work.

My CB700 set came with the Evens Hydrolic heads, and one day my aunt was cleaning the church and wiped the heads down with a rag that had some kind of emonya on it and dried the heads out just like that, the next thing I knew I had a lot of air bubbles all over my heads.

Howepirate

lawlz you guys needa learn how to spell hydraulic

but anywayz you'd be absolutely terrified if you guys found out how beautifully sounding toms become with clear hydraulic batters and reso combinations i can tell you it does not deaden the drum!!! i hate dead drums all around even my kick has a bit of reso! they will sing with the voices of old black choir men they have a deep sounding but lovely musical sound(not dead!)

they are amazing i played them on a set of fusion mapex toms that just sounded beyond amazing get the combo and tune them up!