What's your favorite groove (from any recording)?

bunnybunny

Hey, Hey. I love grooves. Watching Dennis Chambers, shaking his drum riser with a groove so deep that I swear that the riser started to move across the stage, excites me more than watching a Buddy Rich solo. And I can't answer this question myself or the solo question either because I love them all! So you tell me which you consider the all time best groove?

funkdrmr

Steve Gadd on Paul Simon's "50 Ways to Leave Your Lover".

David Garibaldi playing "Ebony Jam"...Tower of Power

Adonis2121

Jeff Pocaro - Rosanna.

He may not be in the same class but I got to mention Tommy Lee Dr. Feelgood. That groove is tight.

Qbs

a very hard question :?
tool - schism it's the first thing that came to my mind now... than again mayby it's harvey mason's groove from chameleon? :)

jwoo10

2 came to mind

Rosanna played by Jeff Pocaro was just awesome?

another (for me) is a Stevie Wonder song song Superstition.. as played by Jeff Beck, Tim Bogart and Carmine Appice... it KICKED a groove but hard! if ya ever get a chance to hear it... DO

I haven't in YEARS!

Mr. Pants

The Crunge by Bonham came to mind immediately. If I think too hard on the subject my brain will blow up!

Lants

racefan33

Rosanna and Georgy Porgy - Jeff Porcaro- Toto

Tip Of My Tounge - Prarie Prince - The Tubes

Blue Matter - Dennis Chambers - John Scofield

Spain - Steve Gadd - Al Jarreau

ineal

Vinnie Paul has loads of immense grooves in pantera, probably my favourite is from the 1994 album Far Beyond Driven on the track I'm Broken - its a pounding beatdown break after the second verse which is played again as an outro after the dime solo. breakneck grooves.

chachaman02

There's a part in Avenged Sevenfold-Sidewinder that just blows me away. Its about 4 minutes into the song.

The beat is really complicated, but it has latin influences and makes u wanna dance while at the same time blowing my mind away.

chachaman02":1tk708a9 said:
There's a part in Avenged Sevenfold-Sidewinder that just blows me away. Its about 4 minutes into the song.

The beat is really complicated, but it has latin influences and makes u wanna dance while at the same time blowing my mind away.
I couldn't agree more, same goes for Avenged Sevenfold's "The Wicked End".

As far as a favorite groove, that's such a hard question, but I really really like "Play That Funky Music" lol. As far as a band in general, 311 has many of my favorite grooves in their music.

zen_drummer

The Prince tune "Billy Jack Bitch" has a monster groove...

AWB "Pick Up The Pieces"

Chambers plays an INSANE 7/8 groove on the tune "Lucky 7" on the Howe Wooten Chambers CD

hey pete

Tommy Lee on Primal Scream has an awesome groove! Also Pat Torpey on Mr. Big's Take cover. Cant be forgetting Neil Peart on Animate too!