whats ur spring tenction and other pedal questions

seandude

where do u put urs..i go as tight as possable!!!!!
why dose the wing nut on my dw 7000 pedal keep un twisting for tightning its so annoying

what do u feel is the best tencion for prefomance what do u put urs at...do u get the best prefomance with that?

Spydr2000

From what I gather most people that play with alot of speed use tight tension. I use to use a loose tension which gave me a lazy foot feel which help me from rushing parts and laying things in pocket. I just recently added more tension because I needed more quickness for patterns I was learning with my foot.

Piddywiffle

3/4 tightened down seems best. You get better action off the rebound and with initial hits. I tried loosening it down to see what it felt like and found it was difficult to maintain faster and good hitting double kick stuffs. :evil:

screamkevin

It's all personal preference. My Tama Iron Cobra Rolling Glide double is set very loose and heavy. One drummer who sat down at my kit told me that playing my pedals felt like "runnin' barefoot in 8 inches of mud!". I got a kick out of that. But I have a very heavy foot, so I like my pedal set heavy. I've tried lighter pedals, like the Axis, Pearl's Eliminator, and the OffSet, but I can't control them as they are naturally so light.

But it's all up to you.

Eiren

screamkevin":ca12t14t said:
It's all personal preference. My Tama Iron Cobra Rolling Glide double is set very loose and heavy. One drummer who sat down at my kit told me that playing my pedals felt like "runnin' barefoot in 8 inches of mud!". I got a kick out of that. But I have a very heavy foot, so I like my pedal set heavy. I've tried lighter pedals, like the Axis, Pearl's Eliminator, and the OffSet, but I can't control them as they are naturally so light.

But it's all up to you.
I could never figure out how to set the Iron Cobras tighter or looser, without dismantling it totally or buying new springs. Maybe I should have read the instructions... :lol: