What's under your drums?

pilsnerfan

i was havin grief with my hi-hat runnin away on me across the carpet until my buddy hooked me up huge.....he works at a place that makes and repairs giant conveyor belts for mining and stuff...he got me a piece of sweet rubber, 5 feet by about 7 feet, about a quarter inch thick...and OMG its awesome...this thing will last literally forever, its nice and clean, black, smooth on one side and a little bumpy on the other for grip...my kit sticks to it like glue...best of all though-he gave it to me for free...SCORE!

vampire9

what's under my drums??? usually a floor of some discription :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nah I have a proper drum mat and velcro on the bottom of ALL pedals... they go nowhere...

CASCINAIDRUMS

My DW pedals came with velcro, stock

It grips the carpet well

My cage has nothing under it especially my bass drums they are suspended

RLRRLRLL

I just put out a big piece of carpet. I have a big kit so I have the 'floorplan' outlined with a sharpie marker so I can set it up quick, and as close as possible to whats comfortable for me

screamkevin

If I'm playing a gig somewhere with no carpet on the stage floor, I carry a black runner rug with me. Got it at my friendly neighborhood restaraunt supply store. Mine's 15'x15'. No-slip bottom, good carpeted top. Works great.

Ericinho6

I have a nice oriental rug that is QUITE large. I got it for FREE! My childhood friend's father gave it to me as a high school graduation present (he owns an oriental rug store here in Omaha) for my dorm, but I thought it'd look really awesome under my kit.

Note: The rug my drums are under in the pictures I have under "Show Your Kit" is NOT that rug.

dirk

Protection Racket Drum Mat

Tried a lot of things and this is the best for sure. 100$ well spent.

Eiren

One of these:

Seriously better than any carpet or professional mat I've tried. Maximum friction. Stuff doesn't move.

SmellsLikeIan

Carpet, velcro, duct tape pieces (labeled with sharpie) to mark the positions of stands....That's what I use. If you're still having a problem with creeping, however, or your hi-hat pedal doesn't have a solid base to put the velcro on, here's a cheap, quick solution. Silicone....Get a tube of it and put a good glob on your drum rug right next to the outside of each foot on the hi-hat pedal. It should stop the skid.....

hovis21

Anyone got any suggestions?

Got a rug underneath my kit, but underneath that there is laminate wood flooring, so the kit tends to slide about pretty bad. I've got some weights and a huge yucca plant pot weighing it down but it still moves some.

Anyone know if these rubber mats will work on laminate flooring? If so i might be investinging in one...

Cheers
Tom

vader2016

I don't have that problem at all, since my DW pedal and Hi Hat came with velcro stock on the bottom. Now if I am playing somewhere and the carpent is thin and my pedals won't grip to them, even if they walk they don't walk but a few inches

DW all the way bitches represent! hahahaha o.k so im no gansta, but it's Friday Bitches!!!!

drumkid523

I built a drum rise and covered it with a 1/4 inch rubber pad and then wrapped a piece of soundproof carpet over that....its perfect.