whats a mod and what do they do

cableman26

An admin. runs the site like the chief, and mods are like deputies. The powers? You can't handle the powers. :wink:

SGarrett

Mod means moderator. We can delete, move, lock or split a topic as well as edit posts and check IP addresses (useful for spammers or repeated rule breakers). Basically, we just make sure that nothing gets out of hand.

Timekeep69

Admin is the board owner. Mods are people the Admin chooses who's power includes moving, editing, deleting and splitting threads to ensure the board runs smoothly. Some Mods are given the power to ban people but I'm not sure if we've been given that authority.

TheYardstick

Potatoe Snack":2vnl72tm said:
mods are the man

and here we stick it to the man
the mans holdin us back!!!

fight the powers that be!
Yarr!

Take it down and replace it with a new system uncannily like the other.

cableman26

I thought of something else the Admin. is Boss Hogg, the mods are Roscoe and Enos, and we are those craaaaaazy Duke boys. :lol:

stump

cableman26":1p5blld3 said:
I thought of something else the Admin. is Boss Hogg, the mods are Roscoe and Enos, and we are those craaaaaazy Duke boys. :lol:
That was funny! Ok...so I grew up watching the Dukes of Hazzard. I don't expect alot of you guy's to get this. P.O.Y!

Brother_Bong

stump":16nzae0d said:
cableman26":16nzae0d said:
That was funny! Ok...so I grew up watching the Dukes of Hazzard. I don't expect alot of you guy's to get this. P.O.Y!
WOO HOO, I do!!!!!!

cableman26

Bong":36juke7f said:
SGarrett":36juke7f said:
I get it, too. Too bad I can't think of how to type out Roscoe's laugh. :D
I think its-
Goo-goo-chew, I love it, I love it, then he says something comical to Flash.
:lol: Oh, my god Roscoe was the shit. But I think Flash was a stoner......

Binkx

Timekeep69":2tj310cs said:
Admin is the board owner. Mods are people the Admin chooses who's power includes moving, editing, deleting and splitting threads to ensure the board runs smoothly. Some Mods are given the power to ban people but I'm not sure if we've been given that authority.
Okay serious question here. What happens if you have some big jerk moderator from say Remo who is jealous of your Mod squad and decides to spam the crap out of your boards. How do you stop the big jerk Remo Moderator if you can't ban and the administration is off in Tahiti watching bikinis?

Timekeep69

Binkx":3cr1oxom said:
Timekeep69":3cr1oxom said:
Okay serious question here. What happens if you have some big jerk moderator from say Remo who is jealous of your Mod squad and decides to spam the crap out of your boards. How do you stop the big jerk Remo Moderator if you can't ban and the administration is off in Tahiti watching bikinis?
We take him out and shoot him.

Brother_Bong

Timekeep69":1pednugd said:
Binkx":1pednugd said:
Timekeep69":1pednugd said:
HE-HE, Done deal. :twisted:

Binkx

Timekeep69":2llitz8a said:
Binkx":2llitz8a said:
Timekeep69":2llitz8a said:
So what are you saying, let in out and get to the point. By the way some kid the other day tried to steal my Medicine Man

stump

Binkx":1x8cbu9h said:
Timekeep69":1x8cbu9h said:
Binkx":1x8cbu9h said:
Timekeep69":1x8cbu9h said:
So what are you saying, let in out and get to the point. By the way some kid the other day tried to steal my Medicine Man
Silencer's are great toys. Shhhhhh.