What's a good price for cymbals?

Neko

Just out of cuoriosity how much do you pay for Zildjians?
this is what I pay'ed for some of mine. was I jiped?
Armand ride 280.00
13" A mastersound hat's pair300.00
16" A custom crash 180.00
18" A custom fast crash210.00
For starters of what I pay .
What do they charge in Europe and other part's of the U.S?

anavrinIV

check musiciansfriend for the prices they charge, thats about the standard pricing. i havent looked for prices on zildjian cymbals in a long time so i dont know.

nickbaldwin

Dollar is approx 2/3rds of a pound or the other way round, either way if you convert to pounds the amount will be less, so those prices are about the same as over here.

Scott_Hurford

generally/usually its every 1 Pound too 1.8 of a Dollar.
those prices aint half bad in Dollars, where did u buy then from? do you get brand new-out-of-the-box or 2nd handed from eBay etc...

Neko

Thier brand new right off the shelf. I've looked they seem to be about 1/2 retail from what Zildjian recomend's

michiganice91

stump":2pjfx488 said:
Those are high dude!
not really..he payed retail for brand new stuff..u didnt get ripped off...but it would have been smarter to bought used off of ebay..also i dont know what an armand ride is..?

stump

Neko":5mv4qglk said:
Armand ride 280.00
Nah!! You did fine with those prices. That's only a few bucks more than musiciansfriend charges. Nice set up you got! Peace.

iatemygoat

stump":tuk3mrcm said:
Neko":tuk3mrcm said:
Armand ride 280.00
Nah!! You did fine with those prices. That's only a few bucks more than musiciansfriend charges. Nice set up you got! Peace.
Flip Flopper?

phoenix7289

stump":1rt51e8j said:
Neko":1rt51e8j said:
Armand ride 280.00
I concur. A few dollars over and what-not.

CRAIGVT

I JUST PAID $190 WITH TAX (US DOLLARS) FOR 13" USED MINT A MASTERSOUND HATS, AND I HAD PAID ABOUT $110 OF MY A CUSTOM FLAT RIDE. THOSE PRICES ARE DESCENT FOR NEW GEAR, I OPTED FOR THE CHEAPEST WAY TO GET A GOOD SOUND, THE WARRANTY ON CYMBALS ISN'T ALL THAT LONG ANYWAYS. NEXT UP IS SOME GOOD THIN CRASHES, I HAVE 14 AND 16 SABIAN B8 PROS, THEY'RE FAST AND CLEAN, ALMOST THE RIGHT SOUND. I GUESS I NEED TO SPEND A FEW HOUR AT MY MUSIC STORE TO FIND THE NEXT ONE.

phoenix7289

CRAIGVT":1fwq9koh said:
I JUST PAID $190 WITH TAX (US DOLLARS) FOR 13" USED MINT A MASTERSOUND HATS, AND I HAD PAID ABOUT $110 OF MY A CUSTOM FLAT RIDE. THOSE PRICES ARE DESCENT FOR NEW GEAR, I OPTED FOR THE CHEAPEST WAY TO GET A GOOD SOUND, THE WARRANTY ON CYMBALS ISN'T ALL THAT LONG ANYWAYS. NEXT UP IS SOME GOOD THIN CRASHES, I HAVE 14 AND 16 SABIAN B8 PROS, THEY'RE FAST AND CLEAN, ALMOST THE RIGHT SOUND. I GUESS I NEED TO SPEND A FEW HOUR AT MY MUSIC STORE TO FIND THE NEXT ONE.
bah! Replace those B8Pros with Vaults, AAXs, or the like.