Whatever happened...

Call me Gideon

to the selection of drums available to us? When taxes come in I'd like to buy a new kit. I've been shoppin around on different companies websites and cannot find a kit that I want. I want a 5-6 piece birch kit w/ a 20" bass drum. No company seems to make this. I can get the birch kit in a nice finish....with a 22" kick. I can get the 20" kick in a nice finish...as long as I buy a maple kit. I remember not too long ago when you could go on a brand name companies web site, look at a specific line and see a list of different drum sizes & finishes available on that line. What happened to that. Now it seems that it's "if this is the kit you want this is what you get". I'd like a custom kit but that's just not in the budget at the moment. I'm not looking for a flashy kit to gig out. I just need a second kit so that I can have one at home and one at practice but it looks like unless I go custom I'm gonna be stuck with at least something about my kit that I'm not happy with. What the hell happened?

DrumsPlus

Mass production happened and a lower bottom line in a market that they feel is saturated. They are going to go with what think they will sell more of.

Call me Gideon

Ideally I would like 10x8, 12x9, 14x11 or 12 and a 16x14 or 16 toms. Looking at Mapex, it seems i could get the 20" kick in birch but with smaller tom sized in the M Birch Jazz set.

SGarrett

In all honesty, the average consumer doesn't want to think. They want the info spoon fed to them.

That's what happened.

stump

Check with Atlanta pro percussion. They always seem to have alot of different option and one hell of an inventory. Peace!