What would you give up; drums or a relationship?

keith bushey

This is a subject we all fall into at one point or another...I gave up drumming and drums for the duration of my marriage, 14 yrs. I did gain 2 awsome kids! Now I'm single, in a relationship, have 2 great kids (23 & 21), own 3 drum kits, and drum in a band! ah...life is good!

Winner Baby!

keith bushey":30te7ydn said:
This is a subject we all fall into at one point or another...I gave up drumming and drums for the duration of my marriage, 14 yrs. I did gain 2 awsome kids! Now I'm single, in a relationship, have 2 great kids (23 & 21), own 3 drum kits, and drum in a band! ah...life is good!
what a life time story.. LOL
at this moment. i'de give up drums to keep my relationship..
tho i guess it wont be necessary for now. (i'm 17 :p)

SHOGUNWARRIOR32

Ha ha..goin through this as we speak(type).. let's just say I'm now single and jamming more than ever.

Any true drummer knows....
"STICKS BEFORE CHICKS!!!"

ThePloughman

25 years of marriage.

I have never been asked to make that kind of choice. My wife has always supported me.

My drums.......... were on stage in the church we got married in. Kind of cool............ Bride and Groom with minister in the foreground....... Rogers Silver Metallic Drums in the background.

kErmit vOn zOmbie

I've always been very upfront with whomever... this is what i do.... i've been doing it ever since is could stand... and i'm not giving it up until i am ready to... which will be never lol

Brother_Bong

ThePloughman":16s3fl6n said:
25 years of marriage.

I have never been asked to make that kind of choice. My wife has always supported me.

My drums.......... were on stage in the church we got married in. Kind of cool............ Bride and Groom with minister in the foreground....... Rogers Silver Metallic Drums in the background.
CLASSIC!!!!!!

Steven McTowelie

ive lost relationships in the past due to problems with me being in a band, but i figured it wasn't worth it anyway if it was a problem. oh well lol, i wouldn't change any decision i've made in that department. i'd never give up drums for a relationship.

invision

i guess im lucky, i live with my GF and we have 2 kids together and she never ever minded extra loud music, she herself blast the stereo to ungodly volumes and never complains about the drums, she washes cloths which is 1 room over from the drums and sometimes dances LOL.

Atmerrill

My wife knew how much a part of my life they are when we met. I too have been fortunate, and both mean so much to me - I wouldn't ever want to have to choose one over the other.

Lancelot Frosty

SGarrett":1zhjtxlg said:
Neither. I wouldn't have married my wife if she didn't support my playing.
I'm way too young to be married, but yeah, that's how I look at it too.
If she doesn't approve of me doing something I love when it isn't bad for me, then she's not the one for me.

Just as Shogun said:
Sticks before chicks.
Unless the chick/s are worth dropping the sticks for a while.

screamkevin

Been playing now for 34 years, and married for 8. You gotta find the right woman. I wouldn't trade my wife and 2 daughters for anything, even drumming.

peripsy

If someone loves you he can't force you leave the things you love behind.This is not freedom .If i had to make a choice i would choose drums people change all the time around you(i am 26).

Rob Crisp

I had an ex who told me off for spending £400 on drums, considering the cost of drum gear that is minimal, a fact she couldn't comprehend. Had that been a £400 dress, different story for sure.

And although I didn't give up drums for her I gave up something else I loved which I regret to this day.

I think to give up anything for someone is a bad move, you compromise who you are and that's never going to make you happy in the long run, even if it does in the immediate future.

Still, plenty of girls at shows to get to know..