What would be the best drum heads to get for my Mapex Pro M?

middlemaniac

Hi, i have had my mapex pro m for about 1 month, and im starting to want better heads than te stock heads. What heads should i get to push my mapex pro m to the limit(make it sound the best)?

stump

Depends on your style. If your a heavy hitter then look at Aquarian or Evans 2 ply heads. If you are a lighter hitter then look at Remo Weatherking Ambassadors or another single ply head. Also make sure that your res heads are compatible and have proper tension for your kit. Peace on ya!

middlemaniac

My res heads are the stock remo heads(i think UT) that came with my drums when i get i brand new. Are the compatible??? How would i know? Is the Remo 5-Piece Rock ProPack good?

iatemygoat

Howepirate":1h3yh9sp said:
Evans Genera G2's or coated G2's

Dont ever buy ANYTHING in packs...its stupid
i dont see why not. you;d thin kit would be less costly. especially if all you have is a basic 5 piece set up.

Johnny Cat

middlemaniac":3pbpx5jc said:
What is the BEST pack on drum heads i could get? I want heads that make people say WOW!!!!!
Any good heads from any good manufacturer can do that, depending on how well they're tuned, and who's listening to you play drums. There are varying degrees of "wow". You're being way too vague in what you want. Maybe that's your first step. Find out exactly what you want, learn how to put into words, then try out heads that try to aim for that sound.