What weight?

SuNoAnBuKi

Anyone know what weight a 19" 2721 gram cymbal would be? I asked a dude on ebay what weight a cymbal he had was and he emailed me back saying it was 6 pounds, so I converted it to grams since that seems to be easier? I dont know. 6 pounds seems like a lot for a 19" cymbal.

rufus4dagruv

That's very HEAVY for a 19". I've got 3 19's in my arsenal currently. My Bosphorus Masters is 1465 grams, my Paiste Dark Energy is 1710 grams, and my Skiba custom, made from a K Dark Med Thin crash was lathed down from over 2000 grams to 1894 grams. I use that one as a crash/ride for gigs where I would use only 1 cymbal and a set of hats. I imagine that a 2700+ gram 19 would be extraordinarily dry and pingy with a gong-like crash.

SuNoAnBuKi

shine.fm-youth":3p727phn said:
2721 grams

you answered your own question.....

If I answered my own question I wouldnt have posted this topic. I meant in terms of medium heavy, heavy or extra heavy.

SuNoAnBuKi

rufus4dagruv":7z67gprq said:
That's very HEAVY for a 19". I've got 3 19's in my arsenal currently. My Bosphorus Masters is 1465 grams, my Paiste Dark Energy is 1710 grams, and my Skiba custom, made from a K Dark Med Thin crash was lathed down from over 2000 grams to 1894 grams. I use that one as a crash/ride for gigs where I would use only 1 cymbal and a set of hats. I imagine that a 2700+ gram 19 would be extraordinarily dry and pingy with a gong-like crash.

Yeah see I thought that was pretty heavy for a 19" too. Its a Saluda Mist X and the guy has it labeled as a crash but I cant imagine a cymbal that heavy sounding good as a crash.