What the loudest cymbal line of Sabian???

Brian L

I was curious, is HHX the loudest cymbal series made by Sabian? cause its says that HHX is for Projection? so does that mean is loud and cutting?

drumshark

aax are fairly loud, they never struck me as realy loud cymbals, but whenever i played them i was in a noisy enviroment wher i could never really listewn to them because they were on my schools set.

Gretz

I'm gonna go with the AAX as not only the loudest in the sabian line...
but maybe the loudest i've played.

and on top of that, after screwing around with all of the Zildjian lines, Alchemy, Paiste, and Meinl... they are also the most durable.

SGarrett

HHX for projection if you want a dark HH sound. Pretty much any quality cymbal is going to be loud. The question is whether it will cut through the music or get lost in it. If you're playing loud music with a lot of bass, you don't want a dark cymbal because all of those beautiful overtones are going to get lost. In that instance you want one that sounds kind of harsh when you hit it at the store.

Don't worry about what's stamped on a cymbal. The only thing that matters is how it sounds. So head down to your local Evil Empire (Guitar Center), grab a stick, and head into the cymbal room. If you take a cymbal home and it doesn't work out, exchange it. If you're adding a cymbal to an existing set you already like make sure you take your favorite cymbal in with you as a basis of comparison. Some people don't seem to like the "hit it and find out" philosophy, but I helped David Garibaldi pick out a set of cymbals for a clinic a few years back. He didn't bring a set with him and we didn't have any of his signature cymbals. So he asked for a stick, went to our cymbal wall, and started hitting cymbals. We gave him a cymbal bag and he was out of the drum shop in less than ten minutes with a complete set of cymbals. The moral of the story, labels mean jack.

Spydr2000

Brian L":3hot6ueg said:
I was curious, is HHX the loudest cymbal series made by Sabian? cause its says that HHX is for Projection? so does that mean is loud and cutting?
If you want cymbals that project use Paiste, your not going to find a brighter cymbal that cuts!