What the hell is a chop block

it's a wood block on your bass drum. it's convenient, isn't made out of plastic like a jam block, and sounds awesome. and the perks to this is it cuts through surprisingly well since both overheads and the kick mic pick it up if you're mic'd up. it's an awesome thing to have, and no need for a stand. plus it's in an excellent place since you can use it and still have access to your snare, which is usually the main drum you would use play along with it.

take it easy.

drumshark

kevin owns at life":1ss7blxe said:
it's a wood block on your bass drum. it's convenient, isn't made out of plastic like a jam block, and sounds awesome. and the perks to this is it cuts through surprisingly well since both overheads and the kick mic pick it up if you're mic'd up. it's an awesome thing to have, and no need for a stand. plus it's in an excellent place since you can use it and still have access to your snare, which is usually the main drum you would use play along with it.

take it easy.
anyone got any pics cuz i got no idea wut hes talkin about.

iatemygoat

drumshark":34auqfh0 said:
kevin owns at life":34auqfh0 said:

take it easy.
anyone got any pics cuz i got no idea wut hes talkin about.
yeah im still confused.

Alcyon

Ever heard I Never Came by Queens of the Stone Age off of the Lullabies to Paralyze album? Joey Castillo plays a chop block the whole time. It's just like a curved piece of wood that sits on top of your reso kick hoop, and you hit it with your stick to make a *tok* sound.

BleechDrummer

I was actually designed my Spencer Smith the drummer from Panic! At The Disco. Ive never heard one but I have both LP Jam Block's Low(red) and high(blue) so I wouldent get it if I ever got a kit from SJC wich I actually am thinking about.

alright guys, since you are still confused about what a chop block, i've got you all a picture. alright so this is just the bass drum hoop, but i'm sure you will understand exactly what it is after seeing this.

take it easy
-kevin

phoenix7289

kevin owns at life":32kx5762 said:
alright guys, since you are still confused about what a chop block, i've got you all a picture. alright so this is just the bass drum hoop, but i'm sure you will understand exactly what it is after seeing this.

take it easy
-kevin
Never seen it or heard of it before, but I totally understand what it is supposed to be.

yeah it's awesome, i'm getting one on my new spaun kit, can't wait until brian finishes that up, i'll post pics when i get it!

and i think it's the first they've done hah

BleechDrummer":2uz43rx5 said:
I was actually designed my Spencer Smith the drummer from Panic! At The Disco. Ive never heard one but I have both LP Jam Block's Low(red) and high(blue) so I wouldent get it if I ever got a kit from SJC wich I actually am thinking about.
yea i was thinkin about getin a kit by sjc and didnt kno wat a chop block was so i posted this