what sticks do you use?

Daza73

wot sticks does everyone here use???
i like the pro mark 7A's or 5A's and vic firth 7's and 5's i like the 7's more cuz it helps me with speed for fills etc being
a lighter stick...
oh and has anyone ever tried sex wax for drum sticks??? i saw them on ebay its a wax made by sex wax surf board comp. but for drum sticks, thought id ask if its anygood???

Rob the Drummer

Daza73":3aoyyvxc said:
i like the pro mark 7A's or 5A's and vic firth 7's and 5's i like the 7's more cuz it helps me with speed for fills etc being
a lighter stick...
oh and has anyone ever tried sex wax for drum sticks??? i saw them on ebay its a wax made by sex wax surf board comp. but for drum sticks, thought id ask if its anygood???
Pro Mark 5B Nylons. I like the length and the feel I get from them. Also, don't fall for the misconception that a lighter stick is a faster stick!

Daza73

true... i find the 7's help but
specially with 16ths on the hi hat if im using 5A's my fore arm sometimes canes after a good bashing

Rob the Drummer

Daza73":3clh2lgf said:
true... i find the 7's help but
specially with 16ths on the hi hat if im using 5A's my fore arm sometimes canes after a good bashing
I guess it depends on what technique you are using as well. :wink:

BillRayDrums

Rob the Drummer":f458kgkv said:
Daza73":f458kgkv said:
a lighter stick...
Pro Mark 5B Nylons. I like the length and the feel I get from them. Also, don't fall for the misconception that a lighter stick is a faster stick!
I agree!! And also, a heavier stick is not a "louder" stick, just as a lighter stick is not a "quieter" stick.

I use 2B Pro-Mark Hickory wood tips for EVERYTHING, including quiet dinner jazz "wallpaper" gigs. It's all how you control it.

Rob Crisp

I use a couple of different sticks at the moment. The first I'm using is Vic Frith's Steve gadd sig model. I really like the feel of the stick and use both wood and nylon tips. Nylon more for practice and wood for live.

I also use VF John Dolmayan sig sticks as well. They're a bit fatter than the Steve Gadd model have a nice barrell tip. I just like the feel for when I'm playing heavy rock!

A

Anonymous

Pro Mark 420 (portnoy) or Pro Mark 707 nylon tip.............pro mark all the way

FelterSkelter

Bellson Saturn Tips....and they're all broke. I'm not even sure they're still making them, we just had them laying around the back of the store where I work. I like 'em though.

screamkevin

I choose to play using Pro-Mark TX707 Nylon tip sticks. I wear Zildjian drum gloves and use GatorGrip tackifyer to help my grip.

im a monster40

Call me Gideon said:
I just recently fell in love with Pro-Marks TXR747N natural hickory sticks. Before that I was using Vic Firth 5A's.
yeah i like the natural sitcks i like there feel

i use 2b naturals wood tip

bam_bam07

vic firth peter erkine jazz/ride sticks. they are light and sound really good on cymbals. not the best rebound, but for those little hi hat funk fills, or the light jazz stuff, it sounds amazing.

iatemygoat

Howepirate":2nm2fsun said:
Vic Firth 2b's

Heavier the stick the faster your playing.
you'd think a heavier stick would slow you down dont you think? think of a baseball player with weights on his bat before he hits. the reason? so his swing is faster and the bat feels lighter when hes up to bat. i'd think the same would go for sticks. if you warmed up with 2B's then played with 5A's i would expect to be flying!

just my 2 cents.