What snare(s) do you play?

loop

Question is very simple. Write about the snare or snares you use at the moment. You can also post pics or sound samples of it.

I currently use 14x6.5 Pearl MMX snare. It has thin, 100% maple shell with reinforcement rings. It is very warm and powerfull because of it's size. I use Evans Genera Dry as a batter head and Evans Hazy 300 as a reso

my snare

Qbs

I currently use to snares:

Pearl FFS 14x3,5 Maple as the main one and Sonor Jungle 10x2 as an auxilliary ony. Still I plan on buying a 3rd one - most propably a 14x6,5 MMX like yours ;] or a 13x7 :)

loop

I must say we have similar taste in drum equipment! Cheers(you know that I love your kit, lol)

Shalaq

I have 2 snares:
14x6.5 Black Panther Walnut snare( I'm addicted to walnut ;) )
12x2 Arbiter Flats Pro Snare(currently my main snare)
The reason for me switching to a smaller snare is that for now I prefer a sound that is full but quick, with a lot of snare response but with a fast decay(so the short snare gives a quick full rattle). Also when I playa smaller snare, Other toms sound a lot crisper(no sympathetic vibrations to distort the overall sound) and lower. The Black Panther is tuned somewhere between my 12 and 14 inch tom, and the small one is above the 10 inch one.

GuRu

I play on the snare drum made of Keller shell. It's 13x6 maple 8mm/6ply. I love it tuned high. It's a warm, musical and power sounding instrument. One I can say, is that buying it was the best deal in my drum 'career'.

loop

tim_otnematset - I've heard really good opionion on this snare! I'm green with envy right now:)

m

I just switched to that Pork Pie snare myself, it's very nice.

In the studio we've got several; DW, Yamaha, an old marching snare, etc...

we hope to get some pics while in session for the next album.
I'm going to try to get the PP in on a few tracks, we'll see how it holds up next to its more expensive brothers...

Qbs

I also heard some good things about PP but never had the chance to play one myself

trevor

i have a yamaha anton fig that i got in 1998 and it is the primary snare for me. it just sounds so chunky and fat...plus it is very sensitive. so i can play it in any situation..

loop

trevor":2y9e0iyv said:
i have a yamaha anton fig that i got in 1998 and it is the primary snare for me. it just sounds so chunky and fat...plus it is very sensitive. so i can play it in any situation..
What is it? Got any pics? You made me curious :?:

ARCHxANGEL

4" Tama Swingstar.
14" 60's U.S.Mercury
14" 60's Pearl
14" Groove Percussion ( modified and restored )
14" Maxx
14" T.J.Percussion ( my first snare )
14" Panther
12" Tama Piccolo
14" 60's U.S. Mercury ( wood snare finished in Red Sparkle )
14" 1968 Ludwig Acrolite ( Keystone Badge )
14" Astro ( Finished in black wrap )
14" Kent 60's snare. Black Pearl type finish
14"x10" Slingerland 1962 Marching Snare ( pre-serial number badge ) Red Sparkle...Perfect Condition.
14" Slingland Radio King. Clamshell strainers and lugs.The snare wires on this model get screwed into both strainers. This is also pre-serial date.
14" Peace Onyx
14" 60's No Name Steel Snare ( 10 Lug )
14" 70's Tama Imperialstar Steel.

Thats my collection.I switch between snares on a monthly basis.Live I always have my Peace snare with me to go with the kit.But at home and in the studio I use what the job requires.

Carter

ARCHxANGEL":3qhv3tq0 said:
4" Tama Swingstar.
14" 60's U.S.Mercury
14" 60's Pearl
14" Groove Percussion ( modified and restored )
14" Maxx
14" T.J.Percussion ( my first snare )
14" Panther
12" Tama Piccolo
14" 60's U.S. Mercury ( wood snare finished in Red Sparkle )
14" 1968 Ludwig Acrolite ( Keystone Badge )
14" Astro ( Finished in black wrap )
14" Kent 60's snare. Black Pearl type finish
14"x10" Slingerland 1962 Marching Snare ( pre-serial number badge ) Red Sparkle...Perfect Condition.
14" Slingland Radio King. Clamshell strainers and lugs.The snare wires on this model get screwed into both strainers. This is also pre-serial date.
14" Peace Onyx
14" 60's No Name Steel Snare ( 10 Lug )
14" 70's Tama Imperialstar Steel.

Thats my collection.I switch between snares on a monthly basis.Live I always have my Peace snare with me to go with the kit.But at home and in the studio I use what the job requires.

Wow, that's an enormous collection! It must have taken you hours and hours to specify all those babies;)