What saluda line is comparable to a customs or aax's?

Howepirate

xdoseonex":gzjh1otj said:
what salua line is comparable to a zildjian a customs or sabian aax's?
Mist-x. Remember when you order. The cymbals can be custom made at no additional charge.

screamkevin

Diamonds are comparable, PJ, good call, although I would also say they have a touch of Zildjian K to them as well.

But you can't go wrong with Mist-X, Diamond, and you could also throw the Hybrid-X series in for thin cymbals.

xdoseonex

thinks, i'm looking into buying a new set of cymbals, I was thinking sabians aax line. but since i use kind of an extensive cymbals setup (9 cymbals) i though i might try a full set up of saludas considering they have all the quality and half the price. If the diamond like has a bit of zildjian K-ness to it, that would probly make it a bit too dark for my liking

I'm looking for somethin

SHIMMERING
GLASSY
FULL
EXLPLOSIVE

think
Paiste signature
Sabian AAX, AAXplosion
Zildjian A custom

Timekeep69

xdoseonex":1sy1pm01 said:
thinks, i'm looking into buying a new set of cymbals, I was thinking sabians aax line. but since i use kind of an extensive cymbals setup (9 cymbals) i though i might try a full set up of saludas considering they have all the quality and half the price. If the diamond like has a bit of zildjian K-ness to it, that would probly make it a bit too dark for my liking

I'm looking for somethin

SHIMMERING
GLASSY
FULL
EXLPLOSIVE

think
Paiste signature
Sabian AAX, AAXplosion
Zildjian A custom
Mist X, definately.

xdoseonex

Wow, i just priced out new cymbal pack for myslef on drumgearonline, brand new. it came to $1051. Thats 2 splashes, 2 chinas, 2 sets of hi hats, 3 crashes, and a ride (i'll have to get my bells elsewhere)
How do they sell these things so cheap???

drummer912

wow, they really are cheap. i didnt realize how cheap they were cause i was lookin on the saluda website and it said the 8" splash was $177 bux! ima get me some of these.

screamkevin

Saludas are inexpensive, not cheap. (Not angry here, just pointing out.) There's a BIG difference in those two words, LOL! Saludas are made in America, so there's no overseas import fees like Meinl or Paiste. Plus, it's a smaller company with low overhead, and there's no middle-man to mark the product up. You want a Saluda, you buy direct from Saluda, or DrumGearOnline, which is owned wholly by Saluda. You want a Zildjian, you buy from any drum store in America.

That's why Saluda is inexpensive. :wink:

dahlgrendrummer

I love my Saluda stuff I've gotten so far. I am using a 18" Mist-X medium weight, a 19" Mist X heavy, a 20" Diamond crash-ride, and a 19" Diamond China. I picked up an endorsement deal with them and am slowly phasing in they're gear when I have cash. The best cymbals you can get for the price range!!

Solix

Definitely getting some Mist-X hats soon.

Although I'm sure this has been asked before, how's the lifespan on these babies? I wouldn't exactly consider myself a heavy hitter, but I'm not gently caressing my cymbals, either....

Howepirate

Solix":1eqs5rbq said:
Definitely getting some Mist-X hats soon.

Although I'm sure this has been asked before, how's the lifespan on these babies? I wouldn't exactly consider myself a heavy hitter, but I'm not gently caressing my cymbals, either....
By the looks of it, Kevins a powerful drummer so im sure he'll have something to say. As for my experience with em. I AM a hard hitter (with proper technique of course) and those babies last. I've had my earthworks crash for atleast 4 months now and nothing at all has happened to it. Its also in the rock weight so its super heavy and brittle and its held up like a champ!

anavrinIV

anybody here play a medium thin dark diamond crash? i love medium thin cymbals (aaxplosion, sig full crash, both of which i own) and dark just adds to the beauty. id like to get one when i get back on my set full time...i dont plan on custom ordering because of the added cost but even so i think thats a good cymbal for me.

Timekeep69

Im a hard hitter using 2B nylong tips. I've cracked 2 over a couple years. On the same note, I have 11 others that have held up just fine.

SmellsLikeIan

No joke....I really liked the look of the black mist 22" ride for $200. Looks like someone took an old K and buried it........I tried that with my 20" A classic. Unfortunately I only had a 10 day break between gigs. Not enough time. The kind of aging I want would take months.

xdoseonex

i realy need to hear these things live. i was kinda sold on them. but my friend seems to think theyre junk. i wonder why he would say that

Howepirate

xdoseonex":3tau99ku said:
i realy need to hear these things live. i was kinda sold on them. but my friend seems to think theyre junk. i wonder why he would say that
Whos your friend and what does he do? Does he play drums? Is he a gear nut like most of the people on here? Hes he even heard a saluda cymbal?