what Paiste crashes sound like Zildjian's Avedis (medium)?

Roland Baak

Right now i got a 18" and a 17" medium crash, but i got the change to buy paiste cymbals for a very nice price; and i'll do that because every time i beat the shit out of the Zildjian crashes...

who 's got an idea what Paiste cymbals sound like them? signature full crashes maybe?

thanks a lot in advantage for reactions!!

anavrinIV

i dont know which cymbals will sound like the avedis crashes but i know that its not the sigs. imo, if you like your zildjiands then keep them and add some paistes that sound different for different sound options. signatures are awesom, especially the full crashes, but if you tear up zildjians then youll easily do the same with sigs. look at paiste 2002s and giant beats for some cymbals that will take more of a pounding.

Roland Baak

tnx very much for your reply!

well yeah it's just a money thing that i want to buy paiste... i can get 75% off for paiste cymbals, so than it's not that bad if i tear 'm up... (at least it saves me a lot of money hehe)

but the avedis zildjians sound perfect for me, so i'd like to buy some sort of paiste sound-a-likes... ;)

JNS_drums

no high end paiste cymbal will sound like a zildjian, paistes sound 100 times better. if you can get a good deal on some used paiste crashes, i say go for it.
i got a 18" sig full crash with minimal marks on it for $150, and a 18" dimensions pwr crash for $125. both sell new for more than double what i payed. go paiste.