What Kind of throne?

Jum-Bo-Lya

Ive been looking for a new throne because my mapex one is breaking. Ive been looking at the leaperd print pork pie throne. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Alcyon

Pearl Roadster. It's got a screw instead of a post, so it never slides down on you, and it's comfortable as hell. Some of the models come with a spring post, too.

jbreshears

I have a great Gibraltar bike style seat with the screw down post and i love it. I hear tat porkpie makes some great thrones though. I don't know from personal experience.

zerodogma

I love the Roc-n-Soc nitro throne (metal 3-leg, not the plastic 5-leg). It has a great gas shock for adjusting the height, and a damn comfortable seat. If some "bouncing" up and down bothers you though, don't get it. I personally like the feel of a little up/down movement when I really get in a groove...

Shalaq

What Mapex throne you have? I have a regular studio duty throne and It's very comfy. Although when I play gigs I usually sit on a regular size chair (I sit low) :)

Jum-Bo-Lya

Shalaq":1vqypd5i said:
What Mapex throne you have? I have a regular studio duty throne and It's very comfy. Although when I play gigs I usually sit on a regular size chair (I sit low) :)
I have a standard mapex 3" thick throne that came with my Venus series... the bottom part is breaking.

scrubs

You really need to find a good store and try them out. I have a Pearl Roadster D2000, and it works great for me. The other usual suspects are Pork Pie and Roc-N-Soc. I found the Pork Pies very comfortable, but almost too squishy. I needed a little more support. I don't really like the bicycle type thrones, but I guess they're good if you play double bass.

patrick2503

I have a TAMA Ist Chair round throne with the small backrest that supports your lower back and it's really really neat. After a long while, it'll go a lot less hard and become all soft and comfortable! It's really cool, even though I use DW hardware, I like this one better than any DW throne just 'cause this Tama one has 3 legs... I don't like 4 legs...

.Daniel.

Hmm... i hate being rude, but can anyone explain me what a throne is? :roll: i'm not familiar with the formal names.. yet...

zappawizard

Roc 'n Soc Nitro - most comfortable throne I've ever had, I can sit on it all day in the studio with no problems. Hands down the best throne ever! The slight bounce is great too, it acts like a shock absorber.

mlumpkin13

I use a Pacific throne made by DW. It's inexpensive and still just as comfortable and soft as it was 4 years and a couple hundred shows ago.

dougthedrummer

I use the pearl roadster with built in shock absorber.It sounds funny to have shock absorber,but if you are sitting there awhile,and your ass starts to hurt you will wish you had it.It runs about 130 bucks(still cheaper that a pork pie),and is very comfy.I dont see spending the kind of money you will on a pork pie,and it not be comfy.

Drums86

I use a Pork Pie throne and have to say that it has been the best investment in gear I ever made. Nice thick seat and very comfortable. As I get older, the only thing I would consider is a back rest.

ddrumz

Pork Pie Big Boy (Bicycle) Purple/Zebra ~ have tried Roc-N-Soc's to Pearl to Tama, Pork Pie is the best!

anavrinIV

pork pies are awesome. i personally have a roc-n-soc and have been pleased for almost 2 years. i was dead set on a pork pie until i sat on the roc...then i was convinced. nothing else stands up to these two in my mind.