• flat.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • tilted toward you.

• tilted away from you

• Total voters

mute

this might be a repeat but i'm curious about how you tilt your snare.

do you have it flat (horizontal)?

tilted toward you? if so, how much?

tilted away from you? if so, how much?

i tilt mine away from me about 25 degrees or so and toward my floor tom about 30 degrees. it helps with rim shots (when i want them) and i just sort of like it. i think it might be hard to switch back.

mute

ps - i play match (i believe that is the correct terminology).

mortem, why do you tilt toward you? does it help in some way?

Metropolis1021

i keep my snare tilted toward me a little to keep my hands at a comfortable height and so i'm not constantly banging rim shots.

anavrinIV

mine is as flat as i can get it with my current stand. i just like it this way...good sound, easy to play, yeah....

mortem

mute":3klk0ztl said:

um well.. the main reason is cuz I sit pretty low (broken throne heh) so for comfort's sake I need to tilt my snare just a bit to prevent hitting the rim.

loop

I have my snare as flat as possible. I started playing like that, it's the only comfortable position for me

craigyp

I have a slight tilt towards me. i don't really like it flat since i usually hit the rims and i can't even imagine it with a forward tilt - no idea how buddy rich does it. :?

drum_bum

normally have it tilted slightly toward me,although i do sometimes have it set flat.alot of the time it depends what mood im in,along with how the rest of the kit is set up..

iatemygoat

i used to have it practically 45 degrees tilted towards me but since discovering gravity blasts i have it almost flat. stil tilted a litte at me.

the drummer i share a space with has it tilted away from him a tiny bit. i dont get it. haha.

FelterSkelter

I tilt mine just slightly toward me because I usually sit a little lower than my drums and don't wanna hit the rim. I have a gibraltar snare stand where the basket comes off an omni-mount ball so I've been able to get it to a pretty optimal angle. Love those omni-mounts!

Rippyblood

I keep mine flat because I use it a lot. Also my band does blast beats and it is easier to hit the snare that quick when it is flat.

OzThrasher

mortem":2locgyq3 said:
mute":2locgyq3 said:

um well.. the main reason is cuz I sit pretty low (broken throne heh) so for comfort's sake I need to tilt my snare just a bit to prevent hitting the rim.
haha same here, had my throne for YEARS and it finally broke. it's either all the way down or nothing. Whenever I go into the drum store, something else always catches my eye, and I forget about a new throne, lol.

So yeah I have mine tilted SLIGHTLY towards me

alwaysdrummetal

mortem":184u7b51 said:
I have it slightly tilted towards me..
same with me. not enough so that I can't do rim shots or gravity rolls tho.
I feel when I play with no tilt I always throw in some accidental rim shots. I'm sure that I could get used to having it another way but no reason to.

trstn

flat. I need a lot of rimshots. And it's easier to adjust if you need to play on a different set.