What is your favorite drum company?

What is your favorite drum manufacturer?

• Mapex

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pearl

• Tama

• Ludwig

• Taye

• Yamaha

• Drum Workshop (dw) or Pacific

• Sonor

• Gretch

• other (add what I left out in your post)

• Total voters

xdoseonex

Timekeep69":33mkfjxl said:
dammow":33mkfjxl said:
i dont really have a 'favourite' but i like DW and i also like the tama starclassic B/B.

i think there is just too many companies to have a favourite nowadays. i also really like some OCDP but would never buy a set as i think they are too over priced.
yeah I think $721.00 for a 14" snare with standard wrap, lugs, hoops and throw off is a bit high.
do they really charge that much

dammow

xdoseonex":2qn6mdq6 said:
Timekeep69":2qn6mdq6 said:
dammow":2qn6mdq6 said:
i dont really have a 'favourite' but i like DW and i also like the tama starclassic B/B.

i think there is just too many companies to have a favourite nowadays. i also really like some OCDP but would never buy a set as i think they are too over priced.
yeah I think $721.00 for a 14" snare with standard wrap, lugs, hoops and throw off is a bit high.
yes, they do and that is pretty 'cheap' too. you should see some of the prices over here in the UK, i saw a OCDP snare on ebay going for £850 GBP! that is about $1700 USD i think!

Timekeep69

xdoseonex":2mxjq8lu said:
Timekeep69":2mxjq8lu said:
dammow":2mxjq8lu said:

Yes, I found that price on their webpage.

zen_drummer

Timekeep69":iigigcfp said:
They are definately nice drums but the quote I got for a 5.5 x 13 snare drum was $957.00
Yeah, they are expensive. They are also really exceptional drums. I had the pleasure of playing a kit last year and I was really impressed with the tone of the drums. There are a lot of really great drums on the market for less money, but these seem like drums that can justify an elevated price. I think of them as being in the Sonor Designer price range and they are a far superior drum so I can see the value. Out of my price range for sure!

Timekeep69

zen_drummer":1zi1pn4m said:
Timekeep69":1zi1pn4m said:
They are definately nice drums but the quote I got for a 5.5 x 13 snare drum was $957.00
Yeah, they are expensive. They are also really exceptional drums. I had the pleasure of playing a kit last year and I was really impressed with the tone of the drums. There are a lot of really great drums on the market for less money, but these seem like drums that can justify an elevated price. I think of them as being in the Sonor Designer price range and they are a far superior drum so I can see the value. Out of my price range for sure!
I don't doubt the quality, they look like amazing drums but $957.00 for a snare? I did the quote for a bass drum and a 22x24 bass drum starts out at $2000. So for a bass drum and snare alone I'm sitting at $3000.00.

jmanhughes

[/quote]

They are definately nice drums but the quote I got for a 5.5 x 13 snare drum was $957.00[/quote]
Haha wow. A kit from them would be my dream kit. For that much, it would be my last as well.