What is your favorite drum company?

What is your favorite drum manufacturer?

• Mapex

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pearl

• Tama

• Ludwig

• Taye

• Yamaha

• Drum Workshop (dw) or Pacific

• Sonor

• Gretch

• other (add what I left out in your post)

• Total voters

dugdrummer

i'm on my 2 set of yamaha stage customs..cheap as they may be..they sure don't sound cheap!!!

if i had my choice..yamaha maple customs...kudos greg!!!!!

wouldn't mind a set of dw's...their finishes are simply amazing!!!

Rob the Drummer

I love my DW's. Although Pearl is my first love. The DW's just have that sound and resonance that I like. The drums have a lot of great features and are also very good with customer support.

anavrinIV

i only have tama swingstars but i love just about everything ive heard from tama, especially the starclassic performers and starclassic bubingas. i recently fell in love with the pearl reference series drums and ive long been in awe of the yamaha birch custom absolutes. i really dont care much for keller maple shells (pork pie, ocdp, truth, spaun, medicine man, conaway, etc...) unless its a snare or bass but i do love birch to death. i cant vote for one company in this.

GMSKILLDRUMZ

I would have to say GMS, they really are great drums, the sound and quality of these drums are amazing, I was a DW fan until I bought my GMS kit.

bunnybunny":1768fw4d said:
why?
they use the same shells and skins and edges as every other custom company, but they take 3 times longer to make it and it cost 3 times more. and all ur really paying for is a name. im not saying ur wrong. but this is just what i see. so i dont really understand ur pick.

anavrinIV

Chirs-Ska-Drummer":1wynbka0 said:
bunnybunny":1wynbka0 said:
why?
they use the same shells and skins and edges as every other custom company, but they take 3 times longer to make it and it cost 3 times more. and all ur really paying for is a name. im not saying ur wrong. but this is just what i see. so i dont really understand ur pick.
i wholeheartedly agree with you. you can get a set just as good if not better than an ocdp set from a smaller brand like conaway, epiarch, or phattie for much less, and theres tons of little personal companies that you can find over at the ghostnote forums where guys can do just as much as oc for much less. ocdp is my least favorite drum brand and i compared some prices and this is what i found...

a 6" ocdp high gloss lacquer tom costs more than an 18" epiarch high gloss lacquer tom. same shell. same finish. better lugs on the eipiarch. same edge. less wait. more personal approach with epiarch.

for these reasons, i hate ocdp. unless theyre giving me whatever i want and paying me to play it, i wont use anything of theirs.

anavrinIV":21j3qza6 said:
Chirs-Ska-Drummer":21j3qza6 said:
bunnybunny":21j3qza6 said:
why?
i wholeheartedly agree with you. you can get a set just as good if not better than an ocdp set from a smaller brand like conaway, epiarch, or phattie for much less, and theres tons of little personal companies that you can find over at the ghostnote forums where guys can do just as much as oc for much less. ocdp is my least favorite drum brand and i compared some prices and this is what i found...

a 6" ocdp high gloss lacquer tom costs more than an 18" epiarch high gloss lacquer tom. same shell. same finish. better lugs on the eipiarch. same edge. less wait. more personal approach with epiarch.

for these reasons, i hate ocdp. unless theyre giving me whatever i want and paying me to play it, i wont use anything of theirs.
ya i went with Defoe Drums. very nice ppl very fast and they cared so much about my ideas and what i thought. i love 'em. super sweet kits and they can do just as much as ocdp. they even endorsed me witch ocdp wouldnt eevn think of. i like the prople that think about smaller drum companies and smaller drum companies that think about the people.

Mike T

Rogers,for the money the best their has ever been i guess Yamaha just bought the rights to them HMMM interesting..

sharkscott

I have always been a big fan of Yamaha Drums and their hardware which I still believe to be the best in the business.
I recently put some Gretch toms on my kit on a lark and now I am confused, they sound really good and they are easy to tune and stay in tune too.
I don't know what to do..HELP!!!

:lol:

Dale

There's only one company making drumkits today that I take seriously. SONOR.

Everything else is a waste of money. IMO.

In the past the best kits, as far as I am concerned, were: Gretsch, Rogers, Slingerland, original Ludwig and of course SONOR.

ODERY also make great drums. But they are hard to get.

Drumkits that don't impress me are: DW (Most overated kit ever), Pearl, Ludwig, Yamaha, OCDP, TRICK, and any drum made by Keller that masquerades as something else. Such as modern Gretsch.

TAMA make good drums. I am not keen on their snare drums though.

Im A newbie here in the mix,
I Looked for about 2 weeks , did alot of reading and did alot of talking to people.
I Began writing to a guy that plays for rascal flats and we are now friends.
His set is ludwig and so is mine.
Cs custom set for the money.
I really like them alot and enjoy the easy set up and tear down and the sound is the same pretty much every time.

It is time for some new remo's thou.
Peace,

Joel :D