what is this worth?

invision

i have a 16 ZXT and 16 A custom (cracks removed) that i havent used in quite some time, i want to either trade it for something drum related or cash, the ZXT is in really good shape, its about 5yrs old with no damage to it, it wasnt used all that much.

rufus4dagruv

On Ebay, ZXT's are selling between $30 and $50 plus shipping.

The A Custom (repaired) would go for about the same if you are lucky, but because there are multiple repairs, it could be less.

devilspain

how the heck did you get all those cracks in it in the first place? drop on concrete?? near 6 years ive been drumming not one single crack in any of my crashes!

invision

devilspain":2nu2ya4i said:
how the heck did you get all those cracks in it in the first place? drop on concrete?? near 6 years ive been drumming not one single crack in any of my crashes!
was given to me like that already when i didnt have cymbals, both of those were given to me, i have since bought all new cymbals(except hi-hat) with Paiste's.

i myself havent cracked a cymbal yet :)

neo_tree

"fair play, just that many cracks in one cymbal! madness!"

I've played 19" and 20" crashes until they were missing chunks and cracked to the bell...
On tour and out of money=New cymbals or food and gas?

And for the record, I've broken over 40 cymbals in my 16 years of playing...Not bragging bout that, sh!t happens...

shine.fm-youth

neo_tree":3ivjo6nb said:
"fair play, just that many cracks in one cymbal! madness!"

I've played 19" and 20" crashes until they were missing chunks and cracked to the bell...
On tour and out of money=New cymbals or food and gas?

And for the record, I've broken over 40 cymbals in my 16 years of playing...Not bragging bout that, sh!t happens...

dude over 40 in 16 years?
this will be my 12 year and i've never broken a cymbal
sooo i think you might be doing something wrong..
maybe not just my opinion
what's you technique?

neo_tree

I play like a gorilla! :lol:
Seriously, a lot of it is physics, I am very tall, with long, knuckle-draggin' arms, which means alot of leverage...Plus I have always been a hard and heavy player, much of which i attribute to starting out in marching band on a bass drum...Rides, hats, heavy crashes, thin crashes, chinas--you name it, I've broken it...I've found that thinner crashes and heavy rides tend to work best for me, and I learned quickly to back off the tension on the cymbal stand wing nuts, and cymbal-stacking is unfortunately out of the question...

Mike_Drums

id have to say, cracked cymbals is attributed to bad technique, about 8 years and never cracked a cymbal, not much i know, but im still going

drums=life

i got an idea, throw the zxt in the trash--and throw the A custom at somebody you dont like, like your least favourite bass player

Mitchell?

randomdrum":2qdpe101 said:
These 'I've never broken a cymbal' comments are really unhelpful.
Letting someone go on and crack cymbals over and over again, wasting their hard-earned cash, and know you could've changed that, is unhelpful.

randomdrum

You won't change that. All it is is people going 'My god, I've never broken a cymbal ever!' all over the forum. Whenever someone breaks anything and comments on it, people say 'Never happened to me', and it's really tiresome.

sapazi13

If you want a new crash, you could trade in cymbals for new ones at saluda... but if you don't want new cymbals... then just throw them at somebody. :lol:

Mistajohn

Not many dudes or dudettes would spend cash on a cracked cymbal that has been repaired...and the ZXT is a sheet bronze cymbal that prolly won't get a lot of looks...

You can put them up on ebay and craigslist, but I wouldn't hold my breath!

As far as the whole cracking cymbals thing, some drummers do that, some don't. Technique has a lot to do with it, but so does passion and playing style.

I've been playing since I was 7, and began cracking cymbals when I was in college. Of course I play everything from pop to country, to hip hop to jazz and PUNK TO METAL!

The latter is prolly the reason why I've cracked TWO rides so far (a 20" Zildjian Mega Bell and recently an 20" Sabian Medium HH)!

What can I say, there are simply t hose moments when the band is cookin' and you cross into that land of playing like a beast...it's the same land where guitarist smash their gear completely and stuff gets set on fire.

It ain't very "pro" but it sells tickets. I saw Nirvana (playing with White Zombie and Helmet in NYC -1990)...Kurt took off his guitar and used it like an axe to cut completely through the kick drum - AMAZING!

In the words of Sean Connery in "The Untouchables," "What are you prepared to do?"