What is the point of triggers?

I've been looking at some, but I'm not entirely sure what they are for? I have a small idea, but I wanna make sure before I invest in any. Any help is appriciated, Thank you

Howepirate

First of all, can you get rid of that obnoxious signature? Just make it smaller is all? PLease, thank you. Anywho, triggers are very basic things. A trigger is a sensor that, when recieving a signal I.E; striking a drum mounted with the sensor on it, sends a signal to an electronic drum module which plays a sample embedded within the module.

It's like striking an electric drum. The benefits are; increased sensitivity and distinction between strikes when playing at high speeds, much much louder at venues and really kill the audience (people will FEEL your drums through a loud and strong PA), and it makes recording much much easier because you dont have to fight with dynamics.

What you need is:
A trigger
1/4 Cable or XLR??
Drum Module (yamaha dtxpress, roland td's, Alesis etc)
PA to put it out of

Unless your using 2 bassdrums, the only way to trigger a single kick with a double pedal is to either A. Muffle the crapola outta ur kick and play with the module until the settings are controlled or B Use Axis E-kit triggers (note, they only work on axis pedals).