What is the longest you've gone without drumming?

DRUMSMYWIFE

For me it's like a week or so on the acoustic kit but now that I have an electronic drum kit, I practice with that all the time.

iatemygoat

DRUMSMYWIFE":1ijw954m said:
For me it's like a week or so on the acoustic kit but now that I have an electronic drum kit, I practice with that all the time.
the last time i can remember was about a week ago when i went to canada to fish for 5 days. when i got back it definately showed and it still kinda does. my feet slowed way down and my hands did too a bit. so ive started doing the derek roddy workout as of yesterday to keep me up to speed.

seandude

8 days( wellll...i weent to the drum store in st.louis drum headquorters) i went out of ton but when i cam back i practiced fro 3 hours

TheYardstick

2 weeks when I went to camp this year, I'll be in London for two weeks and its only been 3 weeks since I've been home, I can't stand being away from my pretties.

Brother_Bong

iatemygoat":2fr8woyi said:
DRUMSMYWIFE":2fr8woyi said:
the last time i can remember was about a week ago when i went to canada to fish for 5 days. when i got back it definately showed and it still kinda does. my feet slowed way down and my hands did too a bit. so ive started doing the derek roddy workout as of yesterday to keep me up to speed.
I know I'm lame, cuz I could just Google it and shit, but what is the Roddy workout. (You must keep in mind I'm married with two children, so my time is limited to do research :roll: )
Oh, Back to the question, like 2 and a half years. Damn bitch. And I'm referring to my ex-old lady, (mumble,curse, spit mumble again....) Got me fired from my band.

Scogar

I just was on a three week trip in Europe...and that one felt like the longest.

but Realistically probably like 2 months when my set was being used by the school for a play.

WesNyle

Call me Gideon":33wq9l5u said:
My longest stretch without drumming was about 2 years. Man that sucked!
Mine was about two years also, and ive only been playing for about 3 lol

druming=life

2 weeks when i had to go spend time with my dad over the summer, but i brung sticks and a practice pad atleast, so it wasn't so bad

xrftsx

2 months, i had surgery on my head.
and the thing that sucked was that the kit i had gotten was my brand spakin new CUstom risen kit.
that sucked. i had to wait 2 months to play it.

FelterSkelter

I dwell in a small apartment, so it is a major undertaking for me to haul all my drums out of the kitchen (that's right, THE KITCHEN). I'm rarely without a pair of sticks, however I'm often without a kit.

shiebcte

A week, give or take a few days, when i go on vacations and shit. I deffinetly feel a difference when i jam after i havent played in a while...but i get back up to speed pretty quick after a while.