What is the hardest song to play on drums?

GypoDrummer

apparently "Moby Dick" by Led Zeppelin was meant to be rated the hardest, but i reckon Ticks and Leeches by Tool is a challenge, and fun to play :lol:

disrupt13

the white stripes, hahah

i find the beginning to the wolf is loose by mastodon a tad confusing

i know that 'no one knows" by qotsa gets people riled.

TheYardstick

disrupt13":2mcqy2qz said:
the white stripes, hahah

No one knows it was triplet timing by Dave Grohl (sorry I had to use a pun).

But seriously, I think few people would expect Dave to base the entire song around triplets, and that instrumental section throws quite a few off I bet.

I think Ticks and Leeches is up there as the hardest to play.

Blitzer135

disrupt13":2x5tyyvf said:
the white stripes, hahah

yeh you seen how hard 7 nation army is :lol:

but seriously, it depends on what style you play, for me its the slower stuff like hey jude :cry:

Johnny Cat

I have no idea. When I learn how to play every song there is to learn on drums ever, I'll come back and tell you which one was the hardest.... :wink:

Gretz

When The Levee Breaks (John Bonham) - Led Zeppelin --- I've never heard anyone do it the right way. There are weird little things in Bonham's playing that are almost inaudible that make things have a certain feel that nobody else seems to be able to do.

Rosanna (Jeff Poccaro) - Toto --- Same as above... REALLY hard to not only nail the nuances of that beat... but making it FEEL right... terribly difficult. I think only HE could play that part the right way.

Keep It Greasy (Vinnie Coliauta- I know that's not spelled right) - Frank Zappa --- The version on Joe's Garage. Ridiculous. I saw a transcription of it one time and still couldn't make heads or tails of it.

screamkevin

My votes:

"The Black Page" - Frank Zappa

'Metropolis" - Dream Theater

"Roseanna" - Toto. As said before, that groove is wickedly difficult to nail, both in technique and making it move.

Brother_Bong

Howepirate":30rsq6az said:
Hah. My entire genre....

Any song by Nile, Hate Eternal, and the Faceless.
True that, just try the opening to Horizons of Chaos 2 by the Faceless, by the time you get to the part where he does the gravity blast(fourth measure?) its like giving birth to a mountain.

Howepirate

Bong":ts4r7gq6 said:
Howepirate":ts4r7gq6 said:
Hah. My entire genre....

True that, just try the opening to Horizons of Chaos 2 by the Faceless, by the time you get to the part where he does the gravity blast(fourth measure?) its like giving birth to a mountain.
Yeah i can play that whole intro...but jesus i suck at gravity blasts.

I can actually play most of the fast stuff in the song but *#&#(*$)&*($)&#$ When the crazyness comes in with time sig changes and whatnot it totally screws me up!@UY!(*

Brother_Bong

Howepirate":2bbmt41d said:
Bong":2bbmt41d said:
Howepirate":2bbmt41d said:
Hah. My entire genre....

Yeah i can play that whole intro...but jesus i suck at gravity blasts.

I can actually play most of the fast stuff in the song but *#&#(*$)&*($)&#$ When the crazyness comes in with time sig changes and whatnot it totally screws me up!@UY!(*
Dude, you're awesome, I'm still breaking that one down, one limb at a time, LOL