What is the current bpm setting on your metronome?

Dale

I'm interested to learn what speeds you guys are practicing at. Currently I am just practicing singles at a slow 45 bpm. Yesterday I was practicing the same thing at 50 bpm. To mix it up I'd occassionally work on some exercises from the Master studies book by Joe Morello. But I keep coming back to singles.

How about you?

zen_drummer

I was practicing slow grooves last night... really FAT slow chuggers... My metronome is at 50.

I also use a beat bug for practice and occasionally in live settings and it's a fantastic device, it monitors my tempo and tells me where I'm at as opposed to pushing the tempo AT me.

I highly recommend the beat bug for players that are really interested in being "on the money".

Metropolis1021

well, i dont have my kit at my house but i set the online met anywhere from 160 - 200 and play 16th note singles on the hands into a pillow. generally with marching sticks. i do the same with the feet. I have the hansen futz pedals( very useful ) and i play 16th notes along with the met from 130 - 160 for 30 minutes non- stop. i gradually raise the tempo as i get more and more comfortable. it's a great endurance workout and helps speed in the long run by strengthening muscles. :D

RobDrmz

My friend took a lesson from Alan Dawson & he taught me NOME-CHI.

That's were you set your NOME at 50-80 bpms ad go thru books, or works sticking like...FULL,DOWN,TAP, UP.

I'm building a practice pad kit in my bedroom, so I can play grooves MORE.

IN SIGHT - IN MIND!

Dale

RobDrmz":10nyq5xo said:
My friend took a lesson from Alan Dawson & he taught me NOME-CHI.

That's were you set your NOME at 50-80 bpms ad go thru books, or works sticking like...FULL,DOWN,TAP, UP.

I'm building a practice pad kit in my bedroom, so I can play grooves MORE.

IN SIGHT - IN MIND!
Ah, the Master!

That's a great way to practice. I am also doing this. My metronome setting gets slower and slower. In fact I need to buy one that goes even slower than the one I have now. I may have to get a stop watch so that I can practice at 2 bpm.