What is the best ride cymbal for under 100 dollars?

middlemaniac

Hi, what is the best ride cymbal I could get for under 100 dollars?

Here are some im looking at:
Zildjian ZBT Rock Ride Cymbal (20 Inch)-$95
Sabian B8 Series Ride Cymbal (20 Inches)-$95
Paiste 201 Bronze Ride (20 Inch)-$79
Paiste PST 3 Ride (20 Inch)-$67

zen_drummer

Buy a used 20" or 22" A Zildjian from the 70's or 80's. It should run ya a hundred bucks, and you'll have a cymbal that would cost you twice that much new.

I would MUCH rather buy a used, high quality cymbal than a new semi-pro cymbal. I haven't bought a new cymbal in years, except for wuhan chinas and splashes which are disposible

xdoseonex

zen_drummer":l673xew6 said:
Buy a used 20" or 22" A Zildjian from the 70's or 80's. It should run ya a hundred bucks, and you'll have a cymbal that would cost you twice that much new.

I would MUCH rather buy a used, high quality cymbal than a new semi-pro cymbal. I haven't bought a new cymbal in years, except for wuhan chinas and splashes which are disposible
Defainely your best bet. its so hard to find cheap cymbals that sound good. your better off getting somethig better for the same price. after youv played on it, its used anyway.

SmellsLikeIan

I agree with Zen. Just look closely at what you're buying and who you're getting it from (i.e. check feedback if you get it on Ebay, and look at the photos REALLY closely.

Alan_

I have to concur with everyone telling you to get a used cymbal. Go to a local drumshop (if they have used gear) or pawnshop. I would NEVER recommend that anyone buy a cymbal they haven't seen and heard. Mailorder cymbals have always seemed like the dumbest idea in the world to me, even new cymbals. Every single cymbal sounds different.

i have to agree with everyone else.

either look for something used or just wait a little longer, save up some more cash and buy something nice.

for less than $100, you're not going to get the "best" anything... the best you could hope for is to get something not as crappy as something else.

xdoseonex

sarcasmsetyourhouseonfire":1n7w9m7i said:
i have to agree with everyone else.

either look for something used or just wait a little longer, save up some more cash and buy something nice.

for less than $100, you're not going to get the "best" anything... the best you could hope for is to get something not as crappy as something else.
for realio

percussle

save for some zilds A's, K's, Z's or something. (find a brand YOU like. test some)
whatever cymbal type you really want/prefer.

you wont be disappointed.

b20 - you'll love it

drumshark

I currently use the ZBT and B8, the ZBT is fairly new, but ive Patinated it (basically grew mold on it to get rid of some overtones cuz theirs kinda a lot) and my B8 is about 4 years old and has a super thin layer of dirt over the whole thing, i love both of them, but mine probly sound different then most. I can tell you that the ZBT is a little louder, and the B8 has a little more of that classic PING to it, but since youve already narrowed it down to a few, you really need to go hear them for yourself, got hit up a guitarcenter.

Brian L

i actually just recently bought the B8 ride, its ok. not great, but what can u expect from a cymbal under 100 bucks. if u are playing with a band, i highly doubt it has the volume for a live performance but to just jam by yourself and jam with other people, it might do the trick.

David Sweat

i got a 20" 1968 zildjian that i cracked in 1971. you can have it for $15, its an old advitis sorry about the spelling you can't really see it through years of silver polishing it.