What is so special about the black cam?

likelight2flies

Ok...I went to my buddy's place the other day to check out his skills in efforts to start a band. The plan was for him to play drums and for me to do vocals. However I totally blew him away on the kit. He uses a Pearl Eliminator double pedal with the black cams and I flew on it! It felt so smooth to me. I had zero lag on the slave pedal. It was amazing. I went home and just didn't feel the same on my DW 5002's. What's so special about the black cam? I thought about it all day at work today. I thought maybe I should tighten my spring tension. Tried it....still isn't as smooth. I'm at a loss. The only thing left I can think of is mess with how my bass drum is tuned. His was really punchy which makes me think it was really loose. Any one able to toss me some ideas or advice?

anavrinIV

the black cams are, i believe, the full rolling cams that aren't offset at all so the pedal has a smoother feel. your dws are probably offset some which wont feel as smooth but will give you more power at the end of the stroke.

Devindrummer12

the black cams are, i believe, the full rolling cams that aren't offset at all so the pedal has a smoother feel. your dws are probably offset some which wont feel as smooth but will give you more power at the end of the stroke.
I agree. Though I am a much bigger fan of the red cams; I hit 300 bpm with my double strokes on them as if it weren't a big deal at all.