what happened to A7X (my review of new CD)

Drumosaurus

The bad.

I just got their new Cd, and its mostly all emo :cry: there's only 3 songs that really rock on the whole CD. there's no more double bass fills and very few intricate DB paterns, M. Shadows lost his original non screamo voice and now sounds like that singer from Aiden. The gutars are basic. Almost every song has a cheasy acoustic guitar intro. :cry: I could almost cry. I think they lost there hardcore/metal sound and are basically now an alt rock band with very few (2) metal songs (Almost Easy and Afterlife).NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I think there producer made them change their sound.

The good.

The Rev has some pretty sweet hihat work, there's an awesome fill in critical acclaim, basically the usuall drums minus the double bass, and the rev does some kick ass double bell in Almost Easy. The guitars have a couple cool riffs.

any one else have any thoughts?

I thought the the cd was alright. Definitely not their best but it was good nonetheless. It's good to know that a band like A7X can change their style and still make good music. I agree that there were some very disappointing parts on it, but overall, I enjoyed the album.

What'd you think of "A Little Piece of Heaven?" If you liked it (other than the lame vocal solos) you should check out the Rev's side project, "Pinkly Smooth", He sings lead vocals in it!

Alcyon

hey, Yard, that's just uncalled for, man... i'm not a fan of A7X in the slightest (i think they're whiny and grandstanding lamers) but The Rev sure has talent, and taste is all subjective.

SINISTER

TheYardstick":3vt6kamn said:
A7X has been bad from the start.
True dat....I saw em 5 or 6 years ago and they were seriously emo with eyeliner and like socks on their hands and shit.......

Empyrean Drums

And there were hundreds of other people there who were really into them, like these guys.
I don't like them either, but let these guys have their conversation. You're doing the same thing as guys that trash talk Derek Roddy (or insert name here) every time someone brings him up and adding nothing to the discussion

stump

Being personal friends with Eddie Sloan from Crossfade, as he would put it, They SOLD OUT!!! Once that happens you are the labels bitch and will have to do what they say or get out. That being said, the new cd is alright. Liked the last one much better. Peace on ya!

TheYardstick

Alcyon":i58kwimd said:
hey, Yard, that's just uncalled for, man... i'm not a fan of A7X in the slightest (i think they're whiny and grandstanding lamers) but The Rev sure has talent, and taste is all subjective.
There's a huge thing you're missing here.

They sold out, big time. They have been for quite a while, and almost all major bands (Tool, King Crimson, and such are exceptions) don't produce quality music because they're the label's bitch.

Empyrean Drums

TheYardstick":3agcas7c said:
Alcyon":3agcas7c said:
There's a huge thing you're missing here.

They sold out, big time. They have been for quite a while, and almost all major bands (Tool, King Crimson, and such are exceptions) don't produce quality music because they're the label's bitch.
Yeah yeah yeah,
but that's not what he asked

SocKeT

I thought it was weak at first, but like city of evil it grew on me. I like it alot more now, i just i had to give up on wishing it was a heavy record. i think in a musical sence its pretty sweet, and its deff gone in another direction like city of evil

disrupt13

i think this cd is better than any of the others, especially city of evil. and a little piece of heaven is great,
i love the song screamn too.

SocKeT

i dont understand why people say they have sold out, im not tryin to start an argument but i think they are one of the bands that help shift the music. Im not saying they are pioneers or creators of any genre but they have the popularity to do what ever and no matter what people will buy their albums and other bands will mimic them.

TheYardstick

SocKeT":265m3915 said:
i dont understand why people say they have sold out, im not tryin to start an argument but i think they are one of the bands that help shift the music. Im not saying they are pioneers or creators of any genre but they have the popularity to do what ever and no matter what people will buy their albums and other bands will mimic them.
Just take a look at how silly they look, sadly people buy into this shit.

SocKeT

TheYardstick":2jmnmiv4 said:
SocKeT":2jmnmiv4 said:
I cant argue with that. Atleast the singer doesnt look like a girl , i guess kids need idols, it would be nice though if they had something besides guys in makeup though lol

SocKeT":14c46h2l said:
TheYardstick":14c46h2l said:
SocKeT":14c46h2l said:
I cant argue with that. Atleast the singer doesnt look like a girl , i guess kids need idols, it would be nice though if they had something besides guys in makeup though lol
I saw them, live not to long ago and the only makeup I saw was a little eyeliner on Synester and the black stripes that football player wear under their eyes, on the Rev. That's all....

Drumosaurus

very sad, I was looking over the rev's interview in DRUM! and this is the first album with a producer. remember the good times guys, remember the good times.

SocKeT

Drumosaurus":3fopvi6l said:
very sad, I was looking over the rev's interview in DRUM! and this is the first album with a producer. remember the good times guys, remember the good times.
I thought it was the first album without a producer fo the most part?