What drummer(s) made you want to start playing drums?

druming=life

i wasn't really influenced by drummers to become a drummer, i became a drummer so i could play with my brother who played guitar

grannydrums

i had never considered playing an instrument till my sons first put on a metallica cd. After a bottle of wine I announced that I was going to play drums like that man(in my dreams!!!) got a drum kit and a teacher and 6 years later i am in a covers band gigging monthly in London---not metallica though, more current and easier stuff like greenday and arctic monkies

kylevater

my friend got me started mostly
but it was also myself
ive been wanting to learn an instrument but everybody in my town is either a guitarist or learning and i just wanted to be a little different

dave lynch

Ummm being an older cat I can say that it was Ringo Star and then Buddy Rich..Tho I didn't really start playing untill I was in my late teens..Then of course John Bonham..!!

SuperSpatule

Myself... Since the first time I saw a drum set when I was 5.... I've wanted to play drums ever since.

But drummers I really admire are Mike Portnoy, from Liquid Tension Experiment/Dream Theater, and Travis Barker from Blink 182, there is more, but those two are the ones I admire the most!

SuNoAnBuKi

My uncle got me my first kit when I was 3, so he's who made me want to play drums. But the drummers that influence to me to play how I do are John Bonham, Buddy Rich, Gene Krupa, Chick Webb, Clyde Stubblefield, John Starks, Abe Cunningham, Chris Hornbrook and Chris Adler.