What do you think???

gruntius

Hi guys, farely new on here...

I've had a good response to my kit when we've played live over the past year so I was wondering what you guys think.

I customised them themself so I'd like an honest opinion.

Cheers

wolfendenstate

That's awesome, the minute i saw the Dragons I thought "I wonder if he's from Wales". Where abouts in North Wales are ya? I'm studying at Bangor uni at the moment.

gruntius

Hey cheers guys, really cheered me up...

Brief rundown to answer the how question.

I bought a really cheap pearl export off eBay as a practice kit and thought I'd try my hand at customising them so I took all the hardware off and stripped off the wrap.

Then I plugged the tom arm holes and sanded them down. I then sprayed them with car paint from Halfords (3 coats of primer and 5 coats of matt black).

Next I got a sign writer to cut out the design at the right size on some silver sticky plastic stuff (the stuff they put on vehicles), stuck them on and sprayed 5 thin coats of clear laquer over the top.

I had all the hardware powder coated matt black and bought some optimounts. Put them all together and voila!

Doing this really made these old export drums sound awesome too, I don't know why but they really kick ass now. I just need to learn how to play! :oops:

Cheers again guys.