what do you know about a td3?

sharp13

i was considering buying a td3 by roland, but i wanted to hear about them from some one who might have one, so by all means, do tell.

~-T.J.-~

Should be under Electronic Drums section of the forum. But no, haven't heard anything. From what I've seen though, around the internet, is that they are very good products, but may be quite overpriced. I like the Yamaha DTXPRESS modules though, I played one at a local music store.

sharp13

~-T.J.-~":1uov5is0 said:
Should be under Electronic Drums section of the forum. But no, haven't heard anything. From what I've seen though, around the internet, is that they are very good products, but may be quite overpriced. I like the Yamaha DTXPRESS modules though, I played one at a local music store.
well i demoed a td3 and liked it right away, it does seem pricy but im in an apartment. it roland and from what i know they make great stuff.

anavrinIV

its a roland product...i dont think they make anything bad. i have a td-6 set and couldnt be much happier with it...there are a number of features that its lacking compared to something like the td-20, but for the price its incredible.

~-T.J.-~

Yeah Rolands great don't get me wrong, but they still make a not so great product for alot of money. Take the V-Drums Lite for instance. Yuck. They don't have a good module, or proper drum postions, and the pedal is awful. At least the one i tried did. Hope everything works out well for you man.

Kris Marrizon

I have a Roland TD3 and I love it mate.
There's 30 different kits included, and alright you probably wouldn't use a couple of them unless you were 10 and liked to laugh at the funny sounds, but other than that.....just buy one. They're great I can't get enough.
The mesh snare pad is particularly great.
I love to plug my ipod in and just play along for hours.
Go for it!

rorymapex

i have owned mine for around 2 years and it has served me pretty well. i play it everyday for a minimum of an hour so its been well used. the triggers in the cymbals have died a little, not picking up as well as they did at first. my hihat pedal has basically broke too, need to press down hard to "shut the hats". the snare also makes some cranky noises after some strokes. i think this is all down to just been played so much though. they do a great job for practicing tho dude and i would recommend one to anyone for that purpose.

alexfoxx

Hey guys,

I am new to electronic kits and was wondering...if you start having problems with triggering and stuff breaking on these electronic kits, is there any way to repair them or do you basically just have to live with the problems? I am considering buying a Roland TD-9SX or even the more expensive TD-12 (if I can ever save that much money), but is it really worth it if it's just going to break after a couple of years?

I'd like to hear your views on this!

Thanks,

Alex

Kris Marrizon

The simple answer would be yes, it is worth it.
Alright, the kits can be expensive, but at the end of the day, once it's there, it's there. There's absolutely no limit to how much you can play it, so it's truly great for practicing.
The only reason you may develop a few little faults is because you'll be playing it so damn much! :D
Mine has started to have a few little problems, but I don't even think that's the right word for them, because to be honest most of the time you don't even notice. They really are minor problems and for the ammount of practice, the fun, the convenience and the sheer quality, it deffinately is worth it!

I use a td3 to rehearse on frequently, ive found it to be brilliant for just practicing, but functionality and versatility seem weak after ive been playing the TD20, which is just incredible. Ive owned a yamaha dtxpress in the past and the roland td3 is superior, although sometimes the rim shots dont function as accurately as you would like.

alexfoxx

Thanks, Kris. I thought it would be worth it, but I wanted to hear from you, the ones with the experience! I think I'm going to go for the new TD-9SX (which I guess replaces the TD-6), but I'm torn between that and the TD-12. Definitely can't afford the TD-20!

Thanks again!

Alex