What do i buy

Sway

Ok this is all for my church. I was going to get a pacific cx but i just saw a Gretch "Catalina Club Mod 4-Piece Shell Pack." I want to know if any of you have these and if there a good buy. I want Maple drums thats a must. I figure the Pacific Cx cause it might be better put togehter and i need somthing that can take a beating! I also saw a gretch "Gretsch Drums Catalina Maple Fusion Shell Pack with Free 16 Floor Tom."
Anyways my budget for the kit is about 1000 dollars. Any suggestions would be appreciated. And i have to get maple. Thank you.

meinlplayer

if maple is a must, then you won't want to get the gretsch catalina mod... that's mohogony. As for the Catalina Maple, i've heard good things about that.
Also, is the $1,000 price cap just for the drums, or does that have to include cymbals and everything else?

Sway

no the 1,000 is stricly for drums and thats all. We have extra for other stuff.
Yeah anything though that has smaller tom sizes is good cause i dont have alot of space at my church. If you know of anything with a compressed hi rack tom then that would be great too. Any suggestions i really need though cause we have to get this kit by the end of april begging of may. Thank you!

drummert2k

jayusl":1kqmsfhq said:
The pacific drums seem nice but the hardware is cheap looking.
i've used a pacific kit of mine out quite a bit and pretty much just beat it night after night and although they look semi cheap, they hold up really well. and sound pretty boomin when mic'd up

AK-Drummer

i like catalina maple....they are good stuff. i dont own one 1 but thats what i use at college. iv heard alota good things about sonar to. i prefer pearl but thats just me. im canadian. ignore me. hehehe or not

wolfendenstate

I've got a Pacfic CX kit, and its absolutly amazing for the price. The hardware that comes with it has taken an beating from travelling, but it still holds up well, in fact I love the stands that came with it.
I haven't played the Gretsch, but I don't think you'll be dissapointed with the PDP.