what cymbles

drum man

Im look into buying some new cymbles, and Im for great sound and projection that came stand my heavy hit for a long time, and I have a small buget. What should I get?

Spydr2000

I like the Pasite's PST 5's , the Zildjian ZBT's sound really good also.. These cymbals have an incredible sound.. go check them out.

Shalaq

I think the best bang for the buck as far as cymbals are Alchemy ART or Alchemy Pro ART(if you have a little more money). These guys aren't so popular as Zildjian, so they have to make it up by making good cymbals(Both professional and entry level ones) and selling them at a reasonable price.

Spydr2000

I'd stick to major name brands... I've been playing drums for 26 years and have played professionally, I've used all top of the line cymbals to find out the cheaper ones take a more serious beating and thanks to technolgy they sound just as good with alot smaller price tag. I was big on having paiste signature cymbals until spending 5k a year on replacing them breaking 1 or 2 every show until I tried something a couple notches down in their cymbal line and didn't have the breaking issues. I think alot of it is the alloys in a cheap cymbal are alot harder. The only cymbals I spend more money on are a clean sounding pair of hi-hats and a ride with a nice bell.

Scott_Hurford

Spydr2000":ic35lbq3 said:
I was big on having paiste signature cymbals until spending 5k a year on replacing them breaking 1 or 2 every show until I tried something a couple notches down in their cymbal line and didn't have the breaking issues. .
Breaking 1 or 2 every show :shock: wow tht must have been burning holes in your pockets

anavrinIV

Spydr2000":lb37rrs1 said:
I'd stick to major name brands... I've been playing drums for 26 years and have played professionally, I've used all top of the line cymbals to find out the cheaper ones take a more serious beating and thanks to technolgy they sound just as good with alot smaller price tag. I was big on having paiste signature cymbals until spending 5k a year on replacing them breaking 1 or 2 every show until I tried something a couple notches down in their cymbal line and didn't have the breaking issues. I think alot of it is the alloys in a cheap cymbal are alot harder. The only cymbals I spend more money on are a clean sounding pair of hi-hats and a ride with a nice bell.
that sounds like a serious technique issue to me...

Spydr2000

Scott_Hurford":2bf8s69t said:
Spydr2000":2bf8s69t said:
I was big on having paiste signature cymbals until spending 5k a year on replacing them breaking 1 or 2 every show until I tried something a couple notches down in their cymbal line and didn't have the breaking issues. .
Breaking 1 or 2 every show :shock: wow tht must have been burning holes in your pockets
I was was making big money playing so it didn't really matter to much to me at the time. I needed something to claim on my taxes anyway.

Spydr2000

anavrinIV":1d7y3l6d said:
Spydr2000":1d7y3l6d said:
that sounds like a serious technique issue to me...
Yeah my technic was hit everything as hard as I could. I still used glancing strikes at the cymbals it was just with alot of force.

Rockaflodge

Zildjian ZBT or ZXT, I have 16 and 18 inch ZXT rock crashs as back ups in case I break one of my Z customs when I am out on the road, and The ZXT are like $300 for a pack or $75-$100 for crashs, $135-$160 for hi-hats, $140 for a ride. www.zildjian.com

ClintKelly

i wouldnt suggest the ZBTs for a heavy hitting player (At least the crash) I bought one and it cracked in half about a month after buying it