what can i get for $1000?

trendki11er

i'm looking for a deep heavy sounding drum kit. something that can hold up. i had a pearl kit but the hardware was always stripping and seemed cheap to me.
what about peace drums? they have a good price. anyone played them?
what do you think?

Howepirate

trendki11er":3tp7gnqy said:
i'm looking for a deep heavy sounding drum kit. something that can hold up. i had a pearl kit but the hardware was always stripping and seemed cheap to me.
what about peace drums? they have a good price. anyone played them?
what do you think?
rmv drums

indoorstorm.com ... 5 piece for 870? around there....brazilian maple ...sound great!

TamaBoy22690

I am an fairly new drummer and i had about the same price range as you.

I browsed around, did some reasearch and i ended up with a Tama Superstar SK 5 Piece. It cost me about 850-900 (If i remember correctly) and it sounds great, and all the hardware is great [[especially the starcast mounting system]]

skytoucher

for 1k you should be able to get a Ddrum Ash Pocket kit from Guitar Center.

Better sounding than any of the imported Maple kits I heard. Hardware is great. I also had 1k and looked at all 1k and under choices from Gretsch, Tama, Pearl, Sonor, and Yamaha. For the cash I couldn't do any better.

They are on sale around $1200 but I know they'll take 1k.

you can get a lot for 1000 bucks. i got a 4-piece drum set, a cymbal stand, 2x 16'' crash cymbal, 14 hi-hats (w/ stand) for like 450 bucks. so work on that! lol, eBay is good

AK-Drummer

im having the same thing. i have no idea what to get. id prefer maple or birch but im not rich. also im going to school in 2008 so once i go there w/e i buy is ginna be my summertime off school kit only...i seriously need help hahaha. id prefer 5 or 6 piece deep sounding stuff.

drummert2k

AK-Drummer":1rtpepxt said:
im having the same thing. i have no idea what to get. id prefer maple or birch but im not rich.
check into the ludwig accent cs custom. its 100% birch and sounds great. its whats been going to my shows with me while my pearl masters custom and custom maryland kits sit at home. i love it. i went for the fusion size kit. still a 22v18 kick drum and 16x16 floor tom. but it has 10 and 12 inch rack toms.

and they are under 800 bucks.

genx3117

you really cant go wrong with either a tama superstar/rockstar/imperialstar or theddrums. pearl's new vision series might be something to look into aswell. ive never tried one, but they look reliable and hey, they are pearls! that should be reason enough.

drummert2k

genx3117":10lgvenh said:
you really cant go wrong with either a tama superstar/rockstar/imperialstar or theddrums. pearl's new vision series might be something to look into aswell. ive never tried one, but they look reliable and hey, they are pearls! that should be reason enough.
good call. just dont go with the diablo ddrum kit. waste of money in my opinion. cheap looking, feels cheap to play and doesnt sound very good.

and pearls are great as long as you dont go with the forum or export. if you have 1000 bucks to throw around you can buy a kit made of maple or birch.
those two pearls are made of poplar. maple and birch sounds a lot better in my opinion!

dont get me wrong, the forum and export are great kits. im just not a fan of poplar shells.

lowdrummer

This is the problem with most people they save up an average amount of money. When you do that you can ge a pretty average kit, and your selection is limited. In my case i work my as off and do this thing called saving my money, so that my choices arent limited and i can get whatever I want, thats why I play a Tama Starclassic Bubinga kit.

Just save and get something high quality, not just decent.