What are the best cymbals?

grohl

in your opinion which are the cymbals that more satisfies you?which are the cymbals with better quality in such a way of sound as of resistence and durability?paiste,zildjian or sabian?

P.S:you can mention more names of cymbals

Scott_Hurford

Sabian, Paiste & Zildjian are my 3 favorite cymbal companies, as they have excellent durability and sound quality, but Zildjian is no.1 to me :D
Zildjian all the way

TrunJun

I love my A customs. The Istanbul line is very good too, see mudvaynes old concert dvd for LD Fifty, his cymbals sound killer!

phee

There is no such thing as best. It seems that we are finally starting to realize this as a whole. I think just about every cymbal company out there has something really great to offer. My personal favorite is Paiste, but there are just so many awesome cymbals out there. To limit yourself to one brand, to me, seems foolish, except in cases of endorsements. Cymbals are not like sticks and heads. Every cymbal, even within the same make and model, sounds different. Also in the live setting, it doesn't matter what you use, it will all sound the same. Trust me. I had to send in a cracked A Custom 20" Medium Crash for replacement. So while it was being shipped, I used a ZBT 18" Crash in its place. The bands I was on tour with said there was no appearant difference in sound out front.

downshifter99

Every cymbal manufacturer makes shitty,good and great cymbals...it's all personal preference. :D

I personally love Sabian cymbals...HH,AA,AAX and Vault cymbals...and I don't need an endorsment to play nothing but Sabian.

I've been playing for 18 years and Sabian gives me exactly what sounds,durability,support I need.

Best thing to do is listen to the bands you like and what do those drummers play on.If you like the sound of their cymbals(though sometimes the studio plays with the sound)find out what models they play on...and go from there. :idea:

ghost_note

i actually prefer Meinl cymbals! they can have a very nice bright sound or a good dark sound! they are somewhat expensive but i really like them! i also tend to like paiste! my first set of cymbals were paiste alphas. i dont know if they still make them! thats what i would recommend if you dont have a whole lot of money and want a durable cymbal! but if you can afford it i would go with Paiste Rude or Meinl Soundcaster. those prolly have the best sound and most durablility.

phoenix7289

If I could have ANY set I wanted. It would be Paiste Signatures. Paiste puts the most time and effort into their cymbals, that is why the prices are so outrageous next to Sabian's and Zildjian's top levels. ^_^

Drumminggrunt13

every cymbal has a different sound... so saying that one type is better then another has no point to it every person has their own opinion... i prefer to use wuhan and zildjian... my father in law prefers to use wuhan and sabian so it really depends on the sound that u want

anavrinIV

phoenix7289":1esjjxea said:
If I could have ANY set I wanted. It would be Paiste Signatures. Paiste puts the most time and effort into their cymbals, that is why the prices are so outrageous next to Sabian's and Zildjian's top levels. ^_^
thats actually not true...all of paistes cymbals, even the high end 2002s and signatures, are machine made through the entire process. zildjian and sabian both have hand hammered lines (k, k custom, hh, hhx) that take more time to make than anything done by machine. the machine hammering process is also what creates the consistency in sound that paiste produces...the hammering pattern never changes to the sound varies very little.
Zildjian also makes all their cymbals by machine. For their K lines they use something called "random hammering" which imitates a human cymbalsmith.