WFD competition in Georgia TOMMORROW

xdoseonex

i'm a bit confused. matt smith said he won 3 drumsets. which would lead me to believe he won 3 contests. but it says wfd champions are inelegable for prized. if i were to go there tomorrow and win would i be able to win prizes?

mattsmith

xdoseonex":vmfm4blq said:
i'm a bit confused. matt smith said he won 3 drumsets. which would lead me to believe he won 3 contests. but it says wfd champions are inelegable for prized. if i were to go there tomorrow and win would i be able to win prizes?
I won the other stuff at regional WFDs before I did the world champion thing. As you know there are regional comps that go on all over the world. The one we put on in Michigan 2 years ago was huge. There were over 500 people there, it was televised, and the prizes were excellent. But because of the family connection I wasn't able to compete in that one.

You're right, you can't win stuff at other contests once you win a world championship. Otherwise, you, me, Mike Machine and Tom Grosset would be scouring the countryside looking for free gear. Or say Mike Mangini breaks a snare an hour before a gig. Then all he would do is find out if there is a WFD around and win him a new one.

Brother_Bong

mattsmith":220lcpqu said:
xdoseonex":220lcpqu said:
I won the other stuff at regional WFDs before I did the world champion thing. You're right, you can't win stuff at other contests once you win a world championship. Otherwise, you, me, Mike Machine and Tom Grosset would be scouring the countryside looking for free gear. Or say Mike Mangini breaks a snare an hour before a gig. Then all he would do is find out if there is a WFD around and win him a new one.
LOL! :lol:

techristian

mattsmith":249iu1jr said:
I won the other stuff at regional WFDs before I did the world champion thing. As you know there are regional comps that go on all over the world. The one we put on in Michigan 2 years ago was huge. There were over 500 people there, it was televised, and the prizes were excellent. But because of the family connection I wasn't able to compete in that one.
Hey Matt

Even though the WFD isn't planning yet for NAMM in Anaheim Jan 2008 are you going to be there for the Buddy Rich and Gene Krupa tribute??

Dan

xdoseonex

techristian":3ln1mrl1 said:
mattsmith":3ln1mrl1 said:
Hey Matt

Even though the WFD isn't planning yet for NAMM in Anaheim Jan 2008 are you going to be there for the Buddy Rich and Gene Krupa tribute??

Dan
yeah, i'll definatley be there