Well this sucks

DrumsPlus

Well, I just got an e-mail from my singer/guitarist saying that he is leaving the band. I guess the rigors of work and school got to him, but I think it is something a little different. We played our first show in early June and right after that he went MIA. It was later that I found out that it was his first real show.

After that, he hasn't returned a phone call or e-mail until now, so we kind of saw it coming, but it still sucks. He wrote a few of the songs, so now we have to figure out what to do with those and we are out a guitarist, singer and bass player now. My other singer, and guitarist want to continue on, but I am really starting to get tired of this and I'm now thinking of just letting it all go. Just not sure anymore.

Well thanks for letting me vent.

DrumsPlus

Yeah, it's hard staying enthusiastic when members drop like flies. It's made me start to doubt my ability and that's frustrating.

stump

I had 4 guys take a big shit on me! Family (my Brother) and friends to me from back to high school. I went to DRT alittle bummed and came home with fire under my ass. (Thanks guys!) I practice 2-3 hours a day again. Take negative and make it positive Bro. I have been approached by another local band and am taking it into consideration. Alittle different style than I am used to but hey...change is good and expands our minds and styles. P.O.Y!

antiunderscores

thats crap, if you enjoy playing with the remaining guys just muck around, start fresh, remember its ment to be fun and although at times it can be stressful (among other things) if you still enjoy it stick with it. but if you arent enjoying it anymore maybe it's best to let go. but i say give it one more shot with who you have left and see if the fun is still there.

BBS

DrumsPlus

I too think change would do me good.

Stump, I too came back all ready to go, so this took a little wind out of my sails. I've bounced back before, it just takes time.

Thanks guys.

DrumsPlus

Rob Crisp":1pggpdek said:
I'm having "thoughts" too.... maybe DRT just makes you re-evaluate things :p
It was a great event and made me think about my playing more. You guys are just so talented, it really made want to push myself more. Thanks again.

Call me Gideon

Just keep truckin Andy. I'm in a similar boat to you and it just gives me a chance to work on me and my chops without worryin about a band for a bit. Something new and better will come along, I'm sure.

drummerduba

DrumsPlus":2p65ut4e said:
Rob Crisp":2p65ut4e said:
I'm having "thoughts" too.... maybe DRT just makes you re-evaluate things :p
It was a great event and made me think about my playing more. You guys are just so talented, it really made want to push myself more. Thanks again.
It wasn't just yourself that came back from DRT pumped and willing to push yourself..I am one who also had the same motive the moment I stepped into my front door after my long travels

Alan_

heh, makes sense that that would happen in person. just from hanging out on this website I've been inspired to practice much more, and put more effort into it.

before I started visiting this site, I was barely ever doing any disciplined practice. Just relying on playing at gigs and rehearsals to keep it up. while my chops didn't go to crap (I play a LOT apart from practicing) I hadn't really been progressing all that much technically. I now feel like I'm back on the road to evolution.

sapazi13

I know what you mean man... My bassist/singer is moving to michigan... which happens to be like 500 miles away. And there aren't many bassists in 8th grade.

Rob Crisp

Alan_":1d1hc3al said:
heh, makes sense that that would happen in person. just from hanging out on this website I've been inspired to practice much more, and put more effort into it.

before I started visiting this site, I was barely ever doing any disciplined practice. Just relying on playing at gigs and rehearsals to keep it up. while my chops didn't go to crap (I play a LOT apart from practicing) I hadn't really been progressing all that much technically. I now feel like I'm back on the road to evolution.
We're all guilty of it at times I think, hitting that "I'm where I need to be to play the gig competently" plateau where you don't suck, you just don't push the work rate as much because you're not demanding any more of your playing.

vincemie

the band im in and have beenin for 3 years or so recently went from rehearsing twice a week to twice a month and for no real reason, its hanging by a thread i think. we shall see....