Weightlifting!

Howepirate

Do we have any body-builders, strength trainers, recreation lifters, and/or muscle heads, such as myself, in here?

SGarrett

I used to lift a lot, but haven't in years. At my peak I was 276lbs. with 8% body fat, at 6'5". I heard "corn fed white boy" on a very regular basis. :D

Howepirate

SGarrett":1u1nsmre said:
I used to lift a lot, but haven't in years. At my peak I was 276lbs. with 8% body fat, at 6'5". I heard "corn fed white boy" on a very regular basis. :D
Damn son, that's a fairly good accomplishment considering your height. I've got the almost-napoleon syndrom. I'm 5'9" and stocky like you wouldn't believe. I've started adding protein supplement in with my diet and am seeing plenty of results.

DrumFiend0206

I did powerlifting, and wrestling in high school. I was always "fat", never got down to low % body fat, but I could lift like crazy. Got into the "1500 lb club" at my school though.

330 on squat
295 on bench press
215 on incline press
450 on leg press
215 on powerclean

I couldn't do that much on bench anymore, but I could still do the squats and leg press. I've got legs the size of tree trunks. I just find it fun to lift weights, it's always been a running contest with my cousin haha.

seandude

im only 15 buti do it eveyother day
i have like 7 % body fat and can bench my weight
bench 150 and i weigh 130 so ide say thats prity good

we got a bowflex!~!!!

Howepirate

DrumFiend0206":2bww9ptk said:
I did powerlifting, and wrestling in high school. I was always "fat", never got down to low % body fat, but I could lift like crazy. Got into the "1500 lb club" at my school though.

330 on squat
295 on bench press
215 on incline press
450 on leg press
215 on powerclean

I couldn't do that much on bench anymore, but I could still do the squats and leg press. I've got legs the size of tree trunks. I just find it fun to lift weights, it's always been a running contest with my cousin haha.
Hmm, those aren't to bad of numbers. I had a friend squatting 600,and benching, 360 for reps. His absolute max was 415. Kid was insane lol.

DrumFiend0206

Howepirate":36kol3nh said:
DrumFiend0206":36kol3nh said:

330 on squat
295 on bench press
215 on incline press
450 on leg press
215 on powerclean

Hmm, those aren't to bad of numbers. I had a friend squatting 600,and benching, 360 for reps. His absolute max was 415. Kid was insane lol.
Damn, lol that is pretty insane.

I could never do very much on squat, I've got back problems because when I first started lifting I was jackass and did it wrong haha. Powerlifting was always fun, and everyone always asked me to bring in a cd to lift to lol. That was my "angry music" phase. So, it fit well with powerlifting lol.

And all those numbers are for reps, I don't see the point in lifting if you can only do it once hahaha.

break the prism

gong fu, wrestling, hockey, and boxing. now i lift for firefighter's training.

310 on squat
270 on bench press
205 on incline press
410 on leg press
85 onsingle bicep curl, 180 on double

SmellsLikeIan

I do the 12 oz. curls. :mrgreen: But seriously, I used to be really skinny, then I started working at a pet food store carrying 2 (or sometimes 3) 40 lb. bags of dogfood to customer's cars, all day everyday. And I started drinking super protein shakes from the smoothie king next door to where I worked. Then when I started drinking beer and quit the pet food store to start my own business, I gained about 25 lbs. I need to start working out again. I got my old weight bench out the other day and set it up. The I over did it and was sore for 3 days. I'll probably try again today though.

DrumFiend0206

SmellsLikeIan":2qqq5cr0 said:
I do the 12 oz. curls. :mrgreen: But seriously, I used to be really skinny, then I started working at a pet food store carrying 2 (or sometimes 3) 40 lb. bags of dogfood to customer's cars, all day everyday. And I started drinking super protein shakes from the smoothie king next door to where I worked. Then when I started drinking beer and quit the pet food store to start my own business, I gained about 25 lbs. I need to start working out again. I got my old weight bench out the other day and set it up. The I over did it and was sore for 3 days. I'll probably try again today though.
Haha, nice. Good luck with that workout, try not to break anything haha.

stump

Lifted alot in school and in the military. A nice car wreck changed that messing my shoulders and right hip up pretty good. Makes being a drummer alot more challenging for me. But hell....what doesn't kill us makes us stronger. Peace on ya!

Airborne Ranger

I don't do any really heavy lifting but I do hit the gym at least 4 times a week. In high school I heavy lifted a lot though, I was benching 360lbs. Now I focus more on cardio than weights though. I hit the weight room to bench, lat pulls and curls but not with huge amounts of weight, I use weights mainly to gain strength without bulk so I do a lot of reps with light weights. My main focus is pull-ups, sit-ups and running. I run about 8 miles a day, 10 on Fridays. My 10 year old runs with me most days so I'm so proud of her for getting up so early. I also take JuJitsu classes once a week. JuJitsu is something I got into in Ranger School and have liked it ever since.

Airborne Ranger

stump":1gw55l94 said:
Lifted alot in school and in the military. A nice car wreck changed that messing my shoulders and right hip up pretty good. Makes being a drummer alot more challenging for me. But hell....what doesn't kill us makes us stronger. Peace on ya!
What branch of service were you in? MP? Good to see a fellow soldier here. Drive on!

stump

Airborne Ranger":mpsdib5i said:
stump":mpsdib5i said:
What branch of service were you in? MP? Good to see a fellow soldier here. Drive on!
Army. MP yes. Served in Desert Storm with the 89th MP's. The wreck that I speak of actually took place at Ft. Hood, Tx on Tank Destroyer Blvd. in '93. Some officer's wife crushed the back of my squad car as I sat at a red light....poor her huh? LOL! Thanks for your service Bro. Peace on ya!

Brother_Bong

SmellsLikeIan":2mfpvehb said:
Yes, I too do the 12 oz. curls, and I definitely concentrate on reps!
And Stump, sorry to hear about that. I shattered my foot in a car wreck back in '90, makes playin a bit of a hassel. Peace on YOU!

SocKeT

i used to to powerlift for a couple of years, i miss being able to eat like 8 times a day, i got a couple of friend that lift religeously and compete

frnk_hggns

I'm only 14 but I've started going to the gym and the beginning of this school year.
I'm up to 135 on bench, considering i weight 120.
And I can curl 35 on each and 85 together, which isn't really that good but w/e.
I like it, and I think it helps my drummin.