we have to sign in just to look at the forum now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timekeep69

I guess so. I just logged out and tried to read posts, it shows the main thread page but if you try to click on a thread it goes to a log in page.

Just check the "Keep me logged in'" box.

Rockula!

I also noticed that you are not able to edit your posts anymore
There are many times that I have to go back and edit my posts for stuff like typos or words that just don't look right
Not a comlaint
Just bringing it up

Gabimo

Rockula!":1ywgvx9n said:
There are many times that I have to go back and edit my posts for stuff like typos or words that just don't look right
Not a comlaint
Just bringing it up
firefox has a spellcheck. :D

like how you said comlaint.... DOWNLOAD FIREFOX, KICK IE OUT-- firefox doesnt take 5 minutes to close each time

rufus4dagruv

Firefox; I've been IE free since 2004 and it feels great!

Perhaps the need to log in to read posts is a way to get more members. When someone logs into a site, there is a better chance of them returning. The more returning members, the more valuable the Adsense ads become.

Greg "shut off" the imbedded adds, so perhaps he's trying this new set of rules out to see how it affects traffic. The goal, I'm sure, is to recoup some of the costs to run this place and keep it running. Just my $0.02.

It is funny, though....trying to generate more traffic to help pay for the cost of increase traffic. Ah interwebs.

Brother_Bong

Gabimo":3to2n0wx said:
Rockula!":3to2n0wx said:
Not a comlaint
Just bringing it up
firefox has a spellcheck. :D

like how you said comlaint.... DOWNLOAD FIREFOX, KICK IE OUT-- firefox doesnt take 5 minutes to close each time
I agree, Firefox is better. Plus less spyware, and they are a public community, where you can find out anything about the server, IE is closed.

ThePloughman

Its not so much the spell check. I dont really care about spell check. It prevents you from immediately changing your mind. The tenor of your post isnt exactly what you want to present. Or you just want to delete something you said, because its not appropriate. Before, if I wanted it that way, I left it that way. Now I have no choice. Either way.......there are those who can edit what you said and completely change it, if they so choose.

BillRayDrums

Rockula!":11cndw24 said:
Not a comlaint
Just bringing it up
I like to edit my posts for brevity (as in, I post something then I want to reword something). Thanks for the heads-up. I will use the "preview" feature more often. :)

mute

agreed. what gives? i don't want to have to log in just to read. i wanna lurk sometimes!

Status
Not open for further replies.