***Vintage Round Badge Gretsch Drums***

tomswift

For Sale: Vintage 1962 Gretsch "round badge" drum set. ------$2200-----

Sizes -BD 20x14-Snare 14x5-Tom 13x9-Floor 16x16. These drums are highly valued and prized by players and drum collectors worldwide. All original parts (mufflers and hardware) are intact and chrome is in good shape. The drums have the ORIGINAL Gretsch black pearl wrap and NO extra holes have been drilled. All original badges intact. Manufactured in 1962 kits such as this one are used by Charlie Watts (Rolling Stones) and many jazz greats over the years. Similar Gretsch kits of this vintage in lesser condition sell for well over $3000 on Ebay. I am the original owner of these fine drums. Contact Tom 516-509-6168 or tomswift1@verizon.net

--$2200/BO

Alan_

those are hot. one of the guitar players I play with has that same set in champagne sparkle.

zen_drummer

This looks like an exceptionally fine condition kit and a really fair price!

Is the snare throw-off a micro sensitive, and if so, is it fully functional?

Alan_

the set I'm familiar with had one owner who played it for decades. he played in a polka band that was active forever here in central texas. when he died, his son sold the set. it came with 2 a zildjian crashes, a set of 14 a hihats and a medium ride of the same vintage. I've been recording with the hihats for the last couple weeks, they're awesome.