video of me playing

seandude

finnalllyyyy!!!! i have a video of me playing drums
its just like a 2.00 improv i made up
its just for fun was bored

and ive been playing for only 2.5-3 years so chill

fixed it should work now....
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KKGpU6Qe0xs&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KKGpU6Qe0xs&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

advice please!!!!!!!

SHOGUNWARRIOR32

i just tried reposting that same embed you tried to see if it would work.. a video player popped up but then video no longer exists..

SHOGUNWARRIOR32

cableman26":3hw3ilvf said:
I can't see it. It's just a long link that I can't click on.
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KKGpU6Qe0xs"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KKGpU6Qe0xs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

how bout now?....for some reason i dont think the embed links work when he posts.

EOTE_drummer

the only way you could possibly have a worse tom angle is if it was suspended upside down from the ceiling. but hey, thats pretty bad you might consider it.

BillRayDrums

seandude":sw379v3u said:
Because you are not allowing your wrists and fingers to operate correctly and are setting yourself up for some serious health problems such as tendonitis.
I would cut that angle in half to about 45 degrees. Don't flatten it completely as it will feel completely foreign. Just ease into it.

You've got 2 years of bad habits to break. Start fixing that like right now.

Rob Crisp

Agreed on the tom fella. If you want to see angles, check the different pics in the kit pics section on here.

seandude

EOTE_drummer":2co17qtf said:
the only way you could possibly have a worse tom angle is if it was suspended upside down from the ceiling. but hey, thats pretty bad you might consider it.
my playing isnt that bad

BillRayDrums

seandude":3ldn6rsd said:
EOTE_drummer":3ldn6rsd said:
my playing isnt that bad
No one said your playing was "bad". We are concerned about the DAMAGE you are going to bring on yourself by playing that way.

Really, go back and read where ANYONE said "you suck". You have about 200 years of collective experience telling you the same thing!!

You play good for as much time you have in on the instrument. You gave us a video to see your style, and we all say the same thing. We are only trying to help.

http://www.sportsrehab.com/drumqa.htm

I would have sent a google link but I'm a little reticent to do so. Some people might have a problem with that. ;)

BillRayDrums

kylevater":30nj6778 said:
BillRayDrums":30nj6778 said:
What's with that 90 degree angle on the tom? Flatten that thing out!
if hes comfortable with a 90 degree tom let him have it that way
You know what? Fine. Have it like that. Go on, fuck up your wrists. After all they're not mine.

Let's hear what you have to offer him in bettering his playing.

cableman26

If you post a video you have to be open to people giving you advice, that's why you posted it right? No one has put your playing down or you personally. As far as playing goes your doing good, if I were you I would incorporate some different fills in there. It's very easy to do fills all high to low or left to right. I'm still trying to get out of doing that myself. But don't take stuff personally man, it's just drummers being drummers right? :p

P.S. Thanks Shogun

seandude

BillRayDrums":8y6174si said:
kylevater":8y6174si said:
BillRayDrums":8y6174si said:
You know what? Fine. Have it like that. Go on, fuck up your wrists. After all they're not mine.

sorry i guess was just made noone said anything about the playing
ill change the tom angle i didnt know it would fuck up my wrists thanks for letin me know!
sorry

BillRayDrums

seandude":2ms64wpv said:
BillRayDrums":2ms64wpv said:
kylevater":2ms64wpv said:
BillRayDrums":2ms64wpv said:

sorry i guess was just made noone said anything about the playing
ill change the tom angle i didnt know it would fuck up my wrists thanks for letin me know!
sorry
You will thank us later. We're only lookin' out for you. That's all.