Video of me playing drums, check it out!

pyrokatana

drum_bum":2e57gtd6 said:
sounds gd!love the sound of you snare!
I like it, and I agree it sounds great, but do you use triggers. I mean, do you sample the snare then use triggers to replicate that sound?

I've heard that its been done before and it makes it sound great

robfc

pyrokatana":hmy0bv88 said:
I like it, and I agree it sounds great, but do you use triggers. I mean, do you sample the snare then use triggers to replicate that sound?

I've heard that its been done before and it makes it sound great

Heyyy cheers for the comment, yeah the snare is triggered, because on the day it was sounding shit and i cudnt b arsed to do anything about it! lol

robfc

PatternsInTheIvy":2s3wfsor said:
Good drum sound. Nice tuning, decent playing. Just not my cup of tea I guess.
cheers,

just wondering which part wernt your cup of tea if you like the tuning, the sound, and the playing! ?

mortem

That's pretty good, man!! What I like about your video (besides your really nice-sounding kit and cool video editing) is that you seem to be a pretty solid player, clear on your strokes and with nice fills here and there. In short, good job, bro, good job.

Flatliner

Not a fan of that vocal style, but everything else is good.

edit:thought I should clarify I looked at some of the bands videos on youtube.

scepticILL

You're good, and your kit sounds awesome. I assure from the drums that your bands probably plays hardcore/metalcore, but I gotta ask how you get that loud thud (sounds kinda like an explosion) when the breakdown begins right after you hit the china. A lot of bands/drummers have that in their song to kick off the breakdowns, and I can't figure out how they do it.

Cheers

Spydr2000

PatternsInTheIvy":2nrza8f2 said:
Good drum sound. Nice tuning, decent playing. Just not my cup of tea I guess.
take it for what it is... this guy a solid player! he had all his chops down and very smooth changing grooves. We all can't be Neil Peart ... this guy is what good druming is about.

robfc

scepticILL":3negbfc7 said:
You're good, and your kit sounds awesome. I assure from the drums that your bands probably plays hardcore/metalcore, but I gotta ask how you get that loud thud (sounds kinda like an explosion) when the breakdown begins right after you hit the china. A lot of bands/drummers have that in their song to kick off the breakdowns, and I can't figure out how they do it.

Cheers
hey man,

that "loud thud" is what we call a bass boom. this sound is created when the bass clips. im not sure exactly how u make it, but i'll ask my mate (guitarist in my band, does all our recordings etc, and bass booms! haha) and get back to ya!

demonicAngel

I dont know if im being too picky, if i am, just dissregard this :p

Look out for how your aligning stuff. It's not always on every time you do your grooves. it's not on the beat, or off beat, or even subdivisions of those. i mean like little doubles in your groove are late at some times.

The idea is there, you hear the feel. It's good, great choix of tuning. I know your trying to play heavy, but you can still have fun with your volumes more, you have great energy when you play, just dont straign yourself. If it hurts, dont do it that way.

At a show or something, dont be afraid to yell out your emotions while you play too. Just give out a AHHHH!!! kinda like the old Dragon ball Z episodes! haha, just dont do it while recording :p

Pretty good control with your double bass, great sixtuplets at the end, i love those too :p

alex.

jwoo10

I dont know if im being too picky, if i am, just dissregard this

Look out for how your aligning stuff. It's not always on every time you do your grooves. it's not on the beat, or off beat, or even subdivisions of those. i mean like little doubles in your groove are late at some times.
Perhaps you are... I suspect that had we been able to actually hear the music along with what he was tracking... you'd prolly hear why he was playing the way he played. I see skills in the performance.

Would like to actually hear the rest of the music though... is it posted somewhere? is that an original??? If so... very creative imho