Video of me drumming...comments?

should i quit drumming? lol

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

pilsnerfan

i took this video about three months ago...i know my tempo changes and stuff...thats just me finding a comfy spot....the times that i screwed up during this video i notice it while i was playing...however if you guys =have any comments i'd love to hear them.....good or bad...i need the truth ....i just wanna get better.....ty in advance and let mme say this site RULES!!!

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... 2012768644

seneca

The one thing I can say is keep recording yourself! It's the best way to hear how you progress and where you need work! You definantly have a good groove going on. Do you ever play with a metronome? If you don't an you're still new to playing, start now!
I still have tapes of myself when I started to play! And yes...I said tapes! lol It's going on 11 years! :)

Good luck!

scepticILL

This was pretty sweet; I don't know what you're talking about. And don't quit drummer if you're still having fun with it...

pilsnerfan

thanx guys .....i'm definately having fun....and i'm kidding about quitting, rita macniel would turn down a buffet before i stop drumming (Rita's a big girl)...i think i'll start trying to play along to songs now.....i just got isolation headphones (Vic Firth- $60 can.) ,more so i can plug in to my gf keyboard and use the metronome...i have yet to play with ANY musicians and never really tried to music of any kind yet... today is a good day to hook up to the lap-top and try some songs i think....thanx again ppl!

still love to hear more comments

TheYardstick

I suggest finding a room with better acoustics, your snare seemed to echo throughout the room. Also, have you thought of sticking a pillow or thick blanket in your bass drums? It helps a ton.

pilsnerfan

yea the room i'm in is a rather small one in the basement with no windows...its rather small but i chose it because its in the middle of the house and i assume i will be heard less by passersby outside....

on that note , i've placed ads on myspace and such looking for ppl to jam with...i would like them to come to me (obviously) but i'm wondering whats gonna happen if i get a bassist,guitarist, and their amps in there....is it gonna sound like crap?...suggestions? i wanna play with ppl soooo bad....i just wanna create...ad-lib...MAKE music...

as far as the pillow thing...i'll try that i guess...i've been reluctant to "alter" my kit too much as of yet (aside from zero-ring dampeners, which are cheap and work awesome btw) , i guess because i want to hear the drums natural sound...like cutting a hole in my bass drum just seems so wrong...lol.

ty again! who knew a little feedback could excite me this way...i love it !

TheYardstick

So your bass drum doesn't have a hole in it, then don't bother to cut one. If you and other people are fine with the sound, leave it be, but if it still bothers you, you can invest in some pre-silenced heads (at least that's what I think they are called).

Also, if you plan on playing with a band I suggest finding a room with good acoustics, maybe rent a space or see if your friend is willing to lend you his/her space every once in a while.

pilsnerfan

i'll keep the "pre-silenced" ones in mind thanx.....so i guess the bigger the room the better then?

my lil brother shares studio space with his friends ( http://www.myspace.com/thelineatlantic ) <they are pretty good

i've gone once and we threw a kit together in the corner...there were like 6 or 7 ppl there at the time and everyone just kinda jumped in as we began playing a kinda reggae type groove....it was unreal...i was only about a month into my drumming but i kept it simple and we played for what seemed like 5 minutes but was more like 45....there were guitars,bass,keys,hand-drums,etc...i almost died of joy....those oppurtunities are few and far between as they are busy kids..but it served as kind of hope for me if that makes sense...what was my point?....oh yea...that was a big ass room lol

cheers

CASCINAIDRUMS

It sounds good, keep up the great work and keep recording yourself it's a good learning tool.Use the metronome and try to place a beat within the beat and keep it steady for endurance,Then try different beats and then do that with your rolls then put it all together over and over and over.
Don't lose the faith and keep on rockin :D