Vic Firth

dbkman

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QAS0feBWoxs"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QAS0feBWoxs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Naomi McFadyen

sweet - but I thought the sticks were gonna break or somethin lol that woulda been funny... :wink:

Love Vic Firth, best stick I've used.

The levels on the backing track (which, you have a copyright issue there but hey! :p ) could do with being lowered cos it's kinda hard hearing what you were trying to say... but I think I got the drift with that you were impressed with 'em lol

GeorgeDemise

I broke vic firths too easily too, I love vaters but they don't do the right size, the zildjian rock is the perfect length and diameter for me, but no one else does the same diameter apart from the vater virgil donnati or whatever his name is, and ther hard to come across.

king_friday

GeorgeDemise":3h9qy6vh said:
I broke vic firths too easily too, I love vaters but they don't do the right size, the zildjian rock is the perfect length and diameter for me, but no one else does the same diameter apart from the vater virgil donnati or whatever his name is, and ther hard to come across.
i use vaters also, they last the longest for me. have you tried the 3As? those are pretty nice. also they make a model called the powerhouse, but i can never find them.

SGarrett

king_friday":21x6x3xm said:
GeorgeDemise":21x6x3xm said:
i use vaters also, they last the longest for me. have you tried the 3As? those are pretty nice. also they make a model called the powerhouse, but i can never find them.
That's funny. I played Vater's for a while but got tired of breaking them. Vic's have a thicker shoulder and I end up just whittling them down.

dannydrumperc

SGarrett":3fblvffw said:
king_friday":3fblvffw said:
GeorgeDemise":3fblvffw said:
That's funny. I played Vater's for a while but got tired of breaking them. Vic's have a thicker shoulder and I end up just whittling them down.
I've been in love with VFs since high school. Zildjians didn't lasted to long and Regal Tips never grab my attention. The ProMarks I tried were to heavy. Never had tried Vatters but have heard great things about them.

Ferds

I am currently playing with vic firths.I play with the 5AN, 5BN, and the ROCK models.
I am going to change my brand, they break to easily.
I split them in half.
Was thinking Vater.

dannydrumperc

Ferds":3mchysu0 said:
I am currently playing with vic firths.I play with the 5AN, 5BN, and the ROCK models.
I am going to change my brand, they break to easily.
I split them in half.
Was thinking Vater.
I have experienced that too, specially when buying those dozens or 6-packs online. Obviously, it is better to check 'em first.

Check how you are playing your snare drum. Beating the hell out of a stick to get a loud rim shot shortens its life dramatically. Also check how you stroke your crash cymbals. Not crashing them properly breaks sticks; and cymbals too.