VATER???????????????????

DrumStix22

I've been using vaters for a long time (and loving them) but i noticed that most of the drummers that use vater produce a cheap sound on their records or live... Has anyone noticed that or am i just weird? haha

dkmfan

i'm not much of a vater fan, and i must agree some models produce a cheaper sound, but that can be expected with any cheaper model drum stick. Vater does make some descent sticks though, just use what you like.

MRSTICKSTUFF

From my experience their drumsticks are heavy forward which produce a great solid sound. Always test any drumstick before purchasing by rolling, check wood grain, color and pitch. It all makes a big sound difference.

Don't forget to add a grip as you can then hold them back a bit in your hands, allowing a greater sound off the skins.

Mr Stick Stuff

Alan_

what do you mean by "cheap sound"? I've used just about every brand of stick, and they all sound the same pretty much. the only brand I refuse to use is Zildjian, and that's because their sticks tend to warp.

DrumStix22

thanks mrstickstuff!!

to alan, i dont know like vic firth artists seem to produce a real nice sounding tone on their recordings and vater artists seem to have a real.. some what cheap tone in their recordings check it out!

jnewlon_drum

Alan_":1mniwmjj said:
what do you mean by "cheap sound"? I've used just about every brand of stick, and they all sound the same pretty much. the only brand I refuse to use is Zildjian, and that's because their sticks tend to warp.

haha i agree....my favorite drummer matt griener from august burns red is sponsored by vater sticks and his recordings sound amazing lol

audiotech

DrumStix22":1hm14ogu said:
thanks mrstickstuff!!

to alan, i dont know like vic firth artists seem to produce a real nice sounding tone on their recordings and vater artists seem to have a real.. some what cheap tone in their recordings check it out!
You'll have to blame the recording or mastering engineers.

Dennis

Alan_

I've used mostly Vic Firth and Vater for years and years. Recorded with both. I'll garuantee that nobody could tell which recording was done with which stick brand.

dkmfan

jnewlon_drum":14cuct3f said:
Alan_":14cuct3f said:

haha i agree....my favorite drummer matt griener from august burns red is sponsored by vater sticks and his recordings sound amazing lol

just a side note, greiner uses vic firth