underoath's drummer getting thumb surgery

TheLoneGunman

Underoath owns. I didn't watch the vid cause I'm not one to handle watching nasty things, but from the transcript, he said he glued his finger shut. People need to stop doing that. It's not healthy.

my two cents

I'm sure you'll give me change

peace

Mitchell?

Ahh, ER physicians are hilarious.

My father worked in the ED for the longest time, and I swear, ER doc's are the least sympathetic people ever.

But they're hilarious, working in the ED will give you a damn good sense of humour about things, keeps you alive among all the bad shit.

BillRayDrums

Mitchell?":3stw1z8u said:
Ahh, ER physicians are hilarious.

My father worked in the ED for the longest time, and I swear, ER doc's are the least sympathetic people ever.

But they're hilarious, working in the ED will give you a damn good sense of humour about things, keeps you alive among all the bad shit.
I dated a girl who was a trauma nurse. The gangbangers who came in all shot up were her favorites. Getting capped was the least of these idiot's worries, because Rhonda would tease them with pain meds ("Want some of this? Well you GOTTA WAIT another HOUR.") Oh she was ruthless. If a wound would start to bleed she would apply pressure to stop it and this girl was completely sadistic! These big tough guys screaming like little girls! She gave me the play-by-play and I swear she would almost become aroused!

However, I had to move along. She was pretty bizarre. I think that line of work can effect you.

Mitchell?

Oh, yeah. ED people can be sadistic.

Some of 'em act like they just came back from 'Nam. Absolutely bonkers.

Multibomber

My mom was a trauma nurse and she said if the doctors arent joking around with you its because you're about to die. Everyone who deals with life and death all the time have a very morbid sense of humor. My dad was a doctor (thats how my parents met) and whenever I had some kind of injury, my mom couldnt look at all, so my dad would have to take care of it. He'd ALWAYS greatly exaggerate the degree of injury. More than a few times he'd convinced me I was goin to lose a limb or finger or organ...

My mom still uses the line whenever giving injections or anything with blood "Nurse?! God no, I just vacuum the floors; but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night."

Mitchell?

Multibomber":2lsg2en8 said:
My mom was a trauma nurse and she said if the doctors arent joking around with you its because you're about to die. Everyone who deals with life and death all the time have a very morbid sense of humor. My dad was a doctor (thats how my parents met) and whenever I had some kind of injury, my mom couldnt look at all, so my dad would have to take care of it. He'd ALWAYS greatly exaggerate the degree of injury. More than a few times he'd convinced me I was goin to lose a limb or finger or organ...

My mom still uses the line whenever giving injections or anything with blood "Nurse?! God no, I just vacuum the floors; but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night."
Yeah, my dad has told me also "If the ER doc isn't fucking with you, you're fucked." (Sorry for the f-bombs)

Morbid sense of humour indeed....

Mr.Smash

hahaha, my favorite part about this is the comments below where some people are pissed off because he's cursing. Oh no! LMFAO. If I had to go through that I'd say every offensive thing that I could think of. I'm not a big fan of under oath but that guy has balls.

rundylanrunn

haha. yeah i don't think him cussing was a big deal. i don't think he was in pain though he was just weirded out.

and i've heard that thing about the ER nurses before too. kind of scary!

MasterShake89

*looks at right thumb* i keep getting blisters and calaces on my thumb...... ;_;
but seriously, that was gross, hope it doesnt happen to me.

DrumsPlus

As a First Responder we get to see stuff before surgery, so this is minor, but I had to laugh. I watched the video once and then again with just the sound and I'm surprised he didn't loose it.