uh, travel gear...?

I Wear Emericas

well, my band and I plan on playing some local shows this summer. I'm brand new at this band jank so I don't have any travel gear. Pack and go drums. Ha, no.

So any recommendations for the kind of gear I get? Also, what might the prices look like on these things?

thank yaa

Steven McTowelie

id definitely recommend padded hard cases. i've had mine for years and they're great, i highly believe they were worth every penny.

SmellsLikeIan

yeah, hard cases, an extra snare drum, a roll of gaffer's tape, a few extra wingnuts, an extra hi hat clutch, and if you can afford it, an extra kick pedal.

drummert2k

agree with everyone who said hard cases. they're not too cheap but they are cheaper than buying a new kit when you're gets beat if you dont use cases. extra snare drum, extra bass pedal and possible and extra crash and top high hat. then you'll need little things like snare cord or straps, snare wires, felts, cymbal sleeves, hi hat clutches, extra lug nuts, tension rods i'd even take an extra kick hoop just incase. and enough heads, batter and some reso's, that you can change then every so often.traveling and keeping them in a trailor and going through all kinds of differant wheather and temperatures kill your heads. extra sticks, maybe an extra cymbal stand, snare stand and hi hat stand. basically anything that could go wrong, you wanna be able to just either fix it or replace it because when you're on the road your cash will be going toward mcdonalds dollar menue and you wont want to drop the cash on something for your drums.

and make sure you have lots of cup noodles. they're cheap and you can fill them with the hot water at gas stations used for tea and you got yourself a meal. and a water bottle so you can get water at fountain drink machines so you dont have to buy it all the time.

EOTE_drummer

drummert2k":bqoi12jm said:
agree with everyone who said hard cases. they're not too cheap but they are cheaper than buying a new kit when you're gets beat if you dont use cases. extra snare drum, extra bass pedal and possible and extra crash and top high hat. then you'll need little things like snare cord or straps, snare wires, felts, cymbal sleeves, hi hat clutches, extra lug nuts, tension rods i'd even take an extra kick hoop just incase. and enough heads, batter and some reso's, that you can change then every so often.traveling and keeping them in a trailor and going through all kinds of differant wheather and temperatures kill your heads. extra sticks, maybe an extra cymbal stand, snare stand and hi hat stand. basically anything that could go wrong, you wanna be able to just either fix it or replace it because when you're on the road your cash will be going toward mcdonalds dollar menue and you wont want to drop the cash on something for your drums.

and make sure you have lots of cup noodles. they're cheap and you can fill them with the hot water at gas stations used for tea and you got yourself a meal. and a water bottle so you can get water at fountain drink machines so you dont have to buy it all the time.
i agree those are all good ideas if u were going on tour. she means some local shows. i don't think she has 2 take it 2 that degree, but cases, snare, and kick pedal. and always keep the extra snare close 2 u on stage. u never know when u r going 2 have 2 trade out snares on stage. stuff happens. be ready.

stump

If you are going to be handling your own equipment for local tours then some soft padded cases should suffice. Beato makes some fairly inexpensive soft cases for around $100-$150. Good luck!